Topic: pinning a topic

not find this pin a topic so it doesnt get removed...

any mods for this ???

we cant all have what we want but with a little help from friends we can sure as hell try lol

Re: pinning a topic

I suppose you mean "Stick topic", you find it at the bottom of the page for the thread.

Not sure if it gets affected by pruning though...

theres a don't remove sticky topics when pruning isn't there?

4 (edited by snapple 2004-12-20 15:11)

Note to ones self dont remove a footer tag .. sorry .. up all nite and cant see out the back of my head lol ... one last thing for today tonite lol.. the help page is buried gone .. how can i get it to show in the nav bar liek next to home or user list....and also add icons to the board... seems there is none at all.... like topic icons user icons .. guess iam use to the other ones who use them .. like to dress up my board just a bit if easy enough to do.... thanks

we cant all have what we want but with a little help from friends we can sure as hell try lol

Get what to show in the nav bar? Adding links to it you would need to edit includes/functions.php, under generate_navlinks.

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

6 (edited by snapple 2004-12-21 00:34)

i would liek to have a link there for the help page... in the nav bar.. iam not a php coder by no meens... i try to copy and paste change the

'<a href="index.php">'.$lang_common['Home'].'</a>

Generate the "navigator" that appears at the top of every page ...
in the functions page....

but all i get is a | to show up i placed it in diff spots under the
Generate the "navigator" that appears at the top of every page

still nuffin...

not try ot be a pain in tushy .. i tear up these boards to make sure they dont crash on me and/or dont work rite.. the thing is the people using the board r far form easy to tell how to ... more so then me lol

open up include/functions.php
find
// Home and Userlist should always be displayed
$links[] = '<a href="index.php">'.$lang_common['Home'].'</a> | <a href="userlist.php">'.$lang_common['User list'].'</a>';

after that add

$links[] = '<a href="help.php">Help</a>';

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

8 (edited by snapple 2004-12-21 01:08)

great thank u .. that worked great.. seems i added the .$lang_common
to it and wouldnt let it work.. asi was pasting it in same spot.. that might be something to put in next relase...... thank u

well now all i have to do is figure out how to put the smilys in the message window.. not the message itself but off to side to be clickable and auto post to the message and then add a avatar list to profile. for users to pic some board avatars. or there own o joy joy lol enjoy the cold outside folks its -4F here wow ...