1 (edited by zc923 2004-12-31 05:26)

Topic: In the market for a slim, compact digital camera

I have a decent 5 megapixel camera, a Sony (the exact barcode escapes me as of now), and looking for something I can keep in my pocket and take quick fotos of something. Almost like an all purpose camera.

After much searching and debating, I have decided to go with a Casio Exilim. Now my only problem is which model number should I choose.

I am leaning towards the EX-S100, however the EX-Z30 is about the same, only 50 bucks cheaper and .2 inches thicker.

If anyone has any Exilim, please give feedback.

Also, if you have an ultracompact camera, please do tell. My price range is under 400, if possible.

Do, or do not.

Re: In the market for a slim, compact digital camera

I have and Exilim EX-S2: http://hcgtv.com/item/79

185 pictures at 1280x960 on a single charge and all fit nicely into a 128mb card.

The pictures in my photo section were resized to 640x480 for web placement.

I like the idea of being able to drop it in my pocket and go.

Any problembs with it?

Do, or do not.

zc923 wrote:

Any problembs with it?

The fear of losing it, it's so small.

I've taken over 3,000 images with it. It's been a real trooper, lasts all night and from the time you hit the power button to the time you're ready to shoot is 2 seconds.

I bought it to have a camera with me at all times, it's worked out for it's intended purpose.

Well, all done, went out and bought the Ex-Z40. 299, nice price if you ask me. It was a tough choice between a Nikon, Canon, and Casio, but I liked the form factor of this better.

Do, or do not.