Topic: user groups

founde something wich bothers me, cant a user join two, or more, diffrent user groups?

this is one of the most important things for me and would really like to have this, would i need to install a mod for this to happen?

Im Jacks Broken Heart

Re: user groups

multiple usergroups means alot more code, so no its not been implemented

darn, i would really want to see this

cant implement the punBB if this isnt an option

to bad

Im Jacks Broken Heart

can't you do it like this
you have groups 1 and 2
you want someone in 1 and 2 so you make group 3?
or is your forum too complicated

you can either be a regular user or you can be an ex-user(abit complicated)
i you are a regular user you then you will be in a group called "something 2005"
if you are an ex-user then you should be in a group called "something-ex [the year you was a user]"(this could be serveral years)
its the last part thats the most important, a user can have been a user for several years +  a user could be both an ex-user 2004 but a user 2005

Im Jacks Broken Heart

The problem is that if you have 5 categories say (other then default ones) and you have 10 different users with unique group situations, you have to create 10 groups just for them tongue
That's also compounded by the problem of not being able to give moderator powers to another group (although that's easily solved, 1 line of code that is in post.php, edit.php, delete.php, viewforum.php, and viewtopic.php (so 5 lines) being editied slightly gives another group all forum moderation power wink