Re: Private Messaging for 1.2.x BETA

I installed it to a test forum, and everything went pretty smoothly! Seems to be working OK

right i totally started again and re-downloaded everything incase id made a mistake somewhere else......
now its not having that error its saying

Unable to insert into table punbb_config. Please check your configuration and try again. Go back.

its the same error without a line reference...have i done something wrong?

bravoooooooooooo

hockeyfreaks wrote:

I installed it to a test forum, and everything went pretty smoothly! Seems to be working OK

woo some good news at last

ellmang: i'm guessing it has already added them? what happens if you edit the files now?

hi....i commented out lines 72 and 73  of the install_mod.php and it worked perfectly.....thanks for ur help and good work !! .....maybe have it so that it checks to see if the conf_name and conf_value already exist..... im quite new at this so take no notice .....thanks for ur help

they can't already exsist unless you had the PM mod before in which case you don't need to run the install mod i don't think

I'm going to be installing this right now, I'll tell you the results...

-Gh()sT

Warning: generate_navlinks(./include/pms/functions_navlinks.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/functions.php on line 264

Warning: generate_navlinks(./include/pms/functions_navlinks.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/functions.php on line 264

Fatal error: generate_navlinks(): Failed opening required './include/pms/functions_navlinks.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/functions.php on line 264

My /include/ folder doesn't have /pms/ in it...

I did everything according to the instructions sad

-Gh()sT

connorhd, thanks alot for making this mod... im going to check back on the forum every day untill this weekend so that i can grab a really fresh "non-beta" release smile

thanks again bud

-gezz

i'm not going to release it before the weekend,

Ghost: you need to upload everything in the files folder to your site, that includes the pms folder in includes in files

Gh()sT wrote:

Warning: generate_navlinks(./include/pms/functions_navlinks.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/functions.php on line 264

Warning: generate_navlinks(./include/pms/functions_navlinks.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/functions.php on line 264

Fatal error: generate_navlinks(): Failed opening required './include/pms/functions_navlinks.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/functions.php on line 264

My /include/ folder doesn't have /pms/ in it...

I did everything according to the instructions sad

-Gh()sT

I got the same messages

but if I just upload it and run install_mod.php it works just no links to it sad

Connorhd wrote:

i'm not going to release it before the weekend,

Ghost: you need to upload everything in the files folder to your site, that includes the pms folder in includes in files

you mentioned this already...

i just wanted to stay up-to-date with the development and bugs of course smile

-gezz

there seem to be no bugs so far, just people not installing it correctly,

upload files to / means upload EVERYTHING that means ALL FOLDERS AND FILES in their correct structure to your punbb folder

39 (edited by Azakur4 2005-02-18 18:38)

hey connorhd the avatar don't show in the private messages, this is ok?

El Mejor Lugar de la Red - Corporación Azakur4

hmm i dunno i'll look into it thx wink

Ofcourse.  Right after I write my own system one is released.  My luck big_smile

Azakur4 wrote:

hey connorhd the avatar don't show in the private messages, this is ok?

fixed smile

Any idea when this will emerge from beta?

"You start coding. I'll go find out what they want." - Computer Analyst to Programmer

tomorrow i guess, had a couple of bugs, the avatars and all caps messages but nothing serious, i just need to look what happens when you upgrade from 1.1.5 with the PM mod

Sweet I found my problem and I think its Gh()st's problem too

I did not upload PM-1.2.0.diff -.-"

but now it works like a charm
thanks I needed it big_smile

Connorhd wrote:

tomorrow i guess, had a couple of bugs, the avatars and all caps messages but nothing serious, i just need to look what happens when you upgrade from 1.1.5 with the PM mod

Awesome I can't wait.

"You start coding. I'll go find out what they want." - Computer Analyst to Programmer

shinko_metsuo wrote:

Sweet I found my problem and I think its Gh()st's problem too

I did not upload PM-1.2.0.diff -.-"

but now it works like a charm
thanks I needed it big_smile

you do not need to upload the diff, it is an alternative way of installing, you only need to upload all files and subdirectorys in the files folder

Released - http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=34805#p34805