Topic: installation: asterisk password

On the installation screen the chosen password is in plain text. This can be made a little more secure by making it input type="password", so it appears as asterisks.

Re: installation: asterisk password

its not really needed, you only run the install once and at least you can see your typing it right

Still makes me uncomfortable installing it sometimes.

Ditto. While its no more secure over the network, it is more secure to prying eyes. I have to do a quick look over my shoulders to make sure nobody's stalking me. Plus, if I were pimping PunBB and wanted to show somebody just how easy it was to install, that would involve them seeing my database password. Okay, so that hasn't happened yet, but maybe if it were password protected, more pimping would occur. wink

It's not a huge deal one way or the other, it just took me slightly off guard the first time, to see my password out in the open like that.

Hard work may not kill you, but why take chances?

Honostly, I think that it dosen't really matter. How many times are you going to install this infront of other people?

Do, or do not.

zc923 wrote:

Honostly, I think that it dosen't really matter. How many times are you going to install this infront of other people?

It doesn't matter whether its once or a hundred times, it still poses a risk, however slight. It only requires a slight alteration, and there is nothing to lose by doing it.