Topic: punBB in Esperanto

I am translating PunBB in esperanto. But I need help! Go on my wiki to help on this translation. www.eofr.net

Thanks

Re: punBB in Esperanto

Mi vizitis vian forumon, kaj, bedaurinde, mi trovis multe da eraroj...ekzemple, "Vi ne estas konekta" - tiu estu, "Vi ne estas konektita".  Same, vi uzas la malbelegan ikson, sed, estus pli bone, se vi uzus Unikodon en la formo UTF-8, char per tio, oni povas tajpi supersigne.  Ankau, mi ne konsentas kun via uzo de "autoro" - vi celas "afishinto", t.e, tiu, kiu jam afishis. 

Chu vi bone komprenas?

Ne estas mia deziro "repentri ies pentrajhon", sed, mi ja purigus, se vi nur dirus, ke tio plachus vin.

Elkore,

Ghejmzo.

I've uploaded my (very) incomplete translation at http://kafumi.net/forumoj/index.php.  It's on as default, so you can see the progress by constantly refreshing tongue

Jameslicious: I would recommend that you don't use UTF-8 at this time. PunBB does not support it 100% as of yet. Is there perhaps a different locale suitable for Esperanto?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

There's Latin-3 (I think that's what it's called), but, it breaks on so many computers.  All the old sites had it before utf-8 became popular, and the accented characters show up as percentage signs, or copyright symbols...it's just horribly broken tongue 

I could change every accented character to its official workaround (h after the letter), though.  It's not perfect but it works as it doesn't need any encoding switching.  Just gimme a yell when UTF-8 is working, though, and I'll fix it up.

Only problem is that I've gotta go back and re-edit a bunch of stuff, but that's cool as long as you don't mind waiting a few more days tongue smile

Then don't mind. UTF-8 almost works smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Excellent smile

As a side note, native UTF-8 would be fantastic.  You could even support KLINGON with that, and that would be so awesome tongue