1 (edited by erissiva 2005-10-11 05:36)

Topic: [Update] ZanthriaReborn and Fx Live!

Just released v0.5 of my website.
http://www.zanthria.com

It is using WordPress as a simple front end.
I am using a modified version of the Benevolence template.

The front page uses "extern.php" and the News Generator plugin to get information.

The forum:
http://www.zanthria.com/bb/

It is using punBB 1.2.2 with a template I made called "Bauglir".
Bauglir means "The Constrainer" and I thought it appropriate since I have those huge black bars constraining the forum. big_smile
It's very smooth, clean, and colorless - but I like it that way.

Check it out and tell me what you think!

Edit 10-11-05:

I've recently relaunched the site.
I didn't want to be a putz and start a whole new topic, so I just dredged up my old topic.

Well, the new site has changed from my old personal blog and forums to a development blog for my various projects with a little bit of personal blog mixed in. I use sBLOG as the main blogging system, with punBB as the general discussion area and support forums.

I've heavily modified the original punBB theme (cellfuse) that I was using to fit the theme I designed for sBLOG (Deep Breath which is a modification of my other theme Breath).

I also use it as the homepage for my major project - Fx Live!

Fx Live! is a version of the popular Firefox web-browser that can be run off of a CD on certain OSs (Win 2000/NT/XP). Currently cannot be run on Win 95/98, but hope to fix that soon with batch-file wrapping utility. Firefox runs directly from the CD, only copying some temporary files to a 'temp' directory - which are then deleted at the end of the browser session. This allows you to run it on systems that do not allow programs to be installed (such as restricted IT systems or school networks).

The original idea was put into action by John Haller which was in turn inspired by his own Portable Firefox version designed to run off of USB drives. However, I have extensivly modified it in order to provide ease of use and an overall more enjoyable user experience.

I have attained this by providing an autorun system, tutorial boot-page, tweaks to decrease program's usage of system resources, and by installing some Extensions that I believe improve the general browsing experience of most users without hindering any of them.

Anywho - glad to still have punBB behind me for this long. big_smile

Re: [Update] ZanthriaReborn and Fx Live!

The only word that describes it is "clean". Everything flows nicely together... Good job.

3 (edited by erissiva 2005-02-26 23:07)

Bassguy wrote:

The only word that describes it is "clean". Everything flows nicely together... Good job.

*lol* I laughed out loud when I heard that. That's what I'm looking for. I love the whole Zennish plain lines and shades of grey.
Although - I'm thinking about taking out that big thing of grass at the top...What is that about anyway?
It's unnecessessary....woah, bad spelling.... imaging.

Thanks for the thumbs up. wink

Edit: Took out that lame grass at the top. tongue

Just realized that the little "New Post" indicator had two of the tiles reversed...
Fixed!

I like the forums template.
Is there a place I can download it?

z3ro wrote:

I like the forums template.
Is there a place I can download it?

I was going to release it to the public,
but then I had the problem - Wouldn't that take away from the uniqueness of my own site.

I'm am however going to release a similar one called "Breath" which is light-blue.

Finally got the forum, frontpage and newly added gallery (powered by singapore) to work together!

http://zanthria.com/gallery

Wootah!

Looks good, a little theme here, a little theme there smile

I have majorly changed my page and punBB from originally and didn't want to start an entire topic for my same site, so I just updated this one.

Info on the upgrade is in the first post.

erissiva wrote:

I have majorly changed my page and punBB from originally and didn't want to start an entire topic for my same site, so I just updated this one.

Info on the upgrade is in the first post.

Definitely respectable:)

You've got a nice simple, but well integrated site there.  Best of luck

I Picky-note: You have the word "wierd" on your site. I am guessing that you are meaning to say, "weird".

Other than that, GOOD WORK!

-Steve

Steve - Heh...yeah. I was typing fast and didn't check my spelling. Thanks for the catch.

Thanks for the kind words. big_smile