1 (edited by chrizz 2005-03-16 23:06)

Topic: How to delete unconfirmed users from punBB 1.1.x

Hi. I've understood that group id 32000 means unconfirmed user in 1.2. How about the users registered before 1.2?

I think I have about 300 unconfirmed users just hanging around, and I kind of want to get rid of them wink

Re: How to delete unconfirmed users from punBB 1.1.x

Check out the User Management plugin:

http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5936

Doesn't work for pre 1.2.x wink

Smartys wrote:

Doesn't work for pre 1.2.x wink

Gotcha...Sorry!

chrizz didn't we talk about this on IRC? and wasn't the solution to delete all users with the verified_string = 'unconfirmed' ?

6 (edited by chrizz 2005-03-17 08:26)

Connorhd wrote:

chrizz didn't we talk about this on IRC? and wasn't the solution to delete all users with the verified_string = 'unconfirmed' ?

yes we did, but I dont remember anything about "verified_string" ... there actually is no such column in the users table. And neither coulmn activate_string or activate_key has any value as "unconfirmed"...

Actually I believe that those users who have the coulmn activate_string as a md5 are unconfirmed, but im not sure.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think their status is set to -1. Which means the following query would delete all such users:

DELETE FROM users WHERE status=-1

I would doublecheck the -1 though.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

8 (edited by chrizz 2005-03-17 10:26)

Rickard wrote:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think their status is set to -1. Which means the following query would delete all such users:

DELETE FROM users WHERE status=-1

I would doublecheck the -1 though.

There is no such column

The thing is that i've updated to 1.2 from 1.1.1. Maybe the status-column was removed then?

AHA! Now I see the problem. I apparently forgot to deal with unverified users in the 1.1 to 1.2 upgrade script. Whoops smile

I'm not sure how you're going to detect them now. Perhaps by having a look at their last_visit column? If it's null, that means they never logged in.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

There is one user that is "0" (default is 0) ... I really doubt all 5995 users have confirmed their account wink

11 (edited by chrizz 2005-03-17 11:33)

Well, but I actually have the old 1.1.1 database saved, so I could get all users id that should be deleted (status=-1) and then create a simple script that deletes all of them. So there is no problem really if this is the deal (if status=-1 means unconfirmed) ...

Edit: 435 unconfirmed users (the 1.1.1 database ;)

Edit again: The thing is, all of the users having status=-1 DO have a last_visit timestamp... but it seems like last_visit == registered also ...

Ah, OK. In that case, deleting all users that have last_visit == registered should be fine. I would backup first though smile