1 (edited by Ju 2005-03-31 19:54)

Topic: SpinkBB, a "SKIN GENERATOR" for PunBB !

(sorry for my english, i'm french wink)

Hello everybody smile !

In order to make PunBB I find not easily reacheable for everyone, more avalaible and less "austere", I took the initiative to create a skin creation center for PunBB.
You can generate a whole skin starting from a single color, generate random skins, and in all cases, you always can edit each parameter (colors, effects...) directly on the interface.

All changes are applied in real time on the preview forum, so you are working directly on it before generating the code for your skin you just have to use !

Every thing is possible and all is easy .... 1, 2, 3 skin !

SpinkBB in english
SpinkBB in french
SpinkBB in spain

Re: SpinkBB, a "SKIN GENERATOR" for PunBB !

All I can say is Whoa thats nice!

sweet smile

Nice tool!
wink

neat i was gonna do something like that for mypunbb

Encore et encore bravo ! smile

"Spanish" plutôt. wink

Je puis vraiment employer quelque chose comme ceci. smile

any chance of the source of this? for mypunbb (i'm happy to put a credit to you and a link to the generator)

AWSOME!

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Very, very nice! This calls for a news posting smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I just made a totally sweet skin with this.  Thanks for the nice tool.

Ju wrote:

Every thing is possible and all is easy .... 1, 2, 3 skin !

SpinkBB in english
SpinkBB in french
SpinkBB in spain

(sorry for my english)

How install SpinkBB at my computer, for not connect with internet. Where download php-source?

Linux 4ever!

suggestion: admin plugin with the ability to save the created styles to the correct directories.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Ign1111 wrote:

How install SpinkBB at my computer, for not connect with internet. Where download php-source?

I don't think it was ever intented to be something you can download. Its a tool/applet to create the CSS markup which you can copy and paste to make your own styles.

Dr.Jeckyl wrote:

suggestion: admin plugin with the ability to save the created styles to the correct directories.

I have no clue..  I guess this would be up to the author, or someone who is ambitious enough to create one on their own.  I wish I had the skillz wink  It really is a nice tool for creating monochromatic themes.  I am using it as a staring point for creating a theme/style for my site.  My first discovery is that it generalizes colors, and depending on how much style you want to add, you may still need to "roll your own".

I was thinking of reporting here my trials and tribulations while using this handy tool to style/color scheme my site.  From what I hacve played with so for, If I were going to add any functionality to it, it would be to set color scheme based on the color wheel.  Like certian basic color harmonies.  Complements, Split-complements, Triads, etc...  Its not hard to determines these when you pick a base color, or Dominant color.  If you like the minimalistic "pixelated" look, it sure does some nice grey-scale variations.  All in All, its one bookmark added to my toolchest wink