Topic: PunDokuWiki 1.0

##
##
##        Mod title:  PunDokuWiki 
##
##      Mod version:  1.0 
##   Works on PunBB:  1.2, 1.2.1, 1.2.2, 1.2.3, 1.2.4, 1.2.5 
##     Release date:  2005-04-12 
##           Author:  Connorhd (Connorhd@mypunbb.com) 
##
##      Description:  Adds the DokuWiki interface to punbb via Doku.php 
##
##       Affects DB:  Yes 
##
##   Affected files:  header.php 
##
##            Notes:  After you install this you can access the wiki via
##                    www.yoursite.com/doku.php and you will need to either 
##                    add it to the additional menu items in the Admin Options
##                    or create a redirect forum for it 
##
##     Generated By:  Auto Read-Me(by Caleb Champlin) - http://www.rscheatnet.com/Auto_Readme.zip
##
##       DISCLAIMER:  Please note that 'mods' are not officially supported by
##                    PunBB. Installation of this modification is done at your
##                    own risk. Backup your forum database and any and all
##                    applicable files before proceeding.
##

Download!!!

Well its out (fastest mod ever), i think its fully integrated and working, any problems, comments, suggestions post here smile

btw for checking permissions and stuff go to www.yoursite.com/doku.php?do=check

demo: http://mypunbb.com/files/wiki/doku.php (full permissions for guests enabled)

Next Version:
- Valid XHTML 1.0 Strict smile

Bugs:
- Language Encoding (no idea what to do for this)

Re: PunDokuWiki 1.0

Wow, that was fast.

Added it to my todo list, will look it over soon.

Thanks.

Lot of ideas ... one day maybe in xmlhttprequest : edit on the fly ...

but it's very cool !!! Now ... how to use this app' ? smile

Rod wrote:

Now ... how to use this app' ? smile

Rod, the best place to learn is here: http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:dokuwiki

The document that you'll use the most is the syntax description. It's a pretty easy wiki system, not a lot of bells and whistles but it's fast and gets the job done.

5 (edited by Frank H 2005-04-12 17:13)

would it work with 'generated' images?  (like the attachment mod use "attachment.php?item=5&download=1" for an image ... )

Edit: fixed it to be what the attachment mod really use for downloading ...

Frank H wrote:

would it work with 'generated' images?  (like the attachment mod use "attachment.php?id=12&download=1" for an image ... )

i have no idea i guess i'll know why i install the attachement mod wink

i've been looking at the utf-8 problem and so far the only idea is for languages in iso-8859-1 to utf8_encode the punbb on the wiki pages, as for other languages... i dunno how many there are but they have problems, either the wiki is broken or the punbb bit is broken on wiki pages hmm

Thanks for doing this!

Thank you, Connorhd! Great work!

9 (edited by shinko_metsuo 2005-04-12 23:14)

Wow this is nice.

Edit: Its above the portal parts of my forum and looks ugly do you have a fix for it or should I have a new main template (one with out the Portal edits).

10 (edited by Ulph 2005-04-12 23:55)

I've been playing around with the CSS a bit to make it look slightly more PunBB-friendly. Hm.. maybe I'll post that tomorrow if it turns out well.

Regarding UTF-8, I think the only clean option is to convert your PunBB-database to UTF-8. In case you use some language files, these will have to be converted to UTF-8 as well. Then lang_encoding and lang_multibyte will have to be set appropriately in the language files of PunBB.

I'm not sure what side effects I may experience when I turn PunBB into using UTF-8 though..

Ulph wrote:

I'm not sure what side effects I may experience when I turn PunBB into using UTF-8 though..

Only thing I have experienced through my experiments is that it requires MySQL 4.1< (which wasn't released at the time I did it)

shinko_metsuo wrote:

Wow this is nice.

Edit: Its above the portal parts of my forum and looks ugly do you have a fix for it or should I have a new main template (one with out the Portal edits).

i think it will need quite a few edits to work with the portal

Ulph wrote:

I've been playing around with the CSS a bit to make it look slightly more PunBB-friendly. Hm.. maybe I'll post that tomorrow if it turns out well.

it was actually intentional just to make it look integrated and not look like punbb, but i'll be interested to see what you come up with smile

Today I will upgrade my forum from 1.1.5 to 1.2.5 an will change the Wikids Mod to PunDokuWiki 1.0. How should I install it. Doest it use the smae MySQL tables or creates new ones? What will be the best way to proceed in orded not to loose the current data?

define('PUN_ADMIN_CONSOLE', 1);

it uses the admin template and takes out the side bar but atleast its not all ugly looking smile

thats not a great way to do it

I don't understand your hint sad

sorry i wasn't replying to you i missed your post i have no idea how the old wiki mod works the new mod doesn't use mysql apart from the permissions, if you don't have too many pages its probably easiest to copy them manually

Thanks, I will do like that smile

I have got problem with the Polish language. It does not work. I changed the koding in lang.php from utf-.. to ISO-8859-2, but it doesn't work sad
http://www.bulgaricus.com/forum/doku.php

yeh languages are a major problem the next version sorts out all ISO-8859-1 lanuages but the rest have problems

I solved the problem. I had to correct the language files to suit ISI-8859-2 which is the Polish coding. Now it works. If you want I can send you these files.

I have got another problem. It concerns the usage of Wiki. How can I make such structure of pages:

Cities
- Sofia
- Varna
Transport
- by car
- by train

And I would like that the first page which will appear in the dokuwiki will be the tree of these pages.

well, first of all you should read the syntax file, docuwiki uses namespaces so for a set of stuff prefix it all with Cities: for example
so
Cities:Sofia
Cities:Varna
Cities:.....

Transport:by car
Transport:by train
Transport:.....

as for the front page, you can edit it to be a list, for a list of the pages theres index at the bottom of every page

for the languages thing, the next release might have 2 options, one for ISO-8859-1 and UTF-8 support, and one with other charsets but no UTF-8

maybe base64_encode the text submitted in the form and then when the text should be displayed - base64_decode it . It should help...

My site [PHP, Python, Linux]

why would that help? i need to be able to convert between charsets which isn't easy, basically i want to be able to covert the punbb header to utf-8 but i can only do that with ISO-8859-1

Thanks for the hint! How can I delete a namespace? I assueme that page names can not contain polish letters like ??