Re: is 1.3 stable? stable 1.3 ETA?

Bâshrat the Sneaky wrote:

But you say NO ONE is allowed (officially, since any one can copy the file contents of the SVN repo one by one) to  perform testing on the latest versions?

Erm, get yourself an SVN client and there's no need to do that =P
And it hasn't even reached alpha wink It's still in full dev wink

Of course you can download from SVN and do what you like with it. Beta testing though at this stage is pointless. How are you going to tell the difference between an unknown bug and a known bug which is on the list to be fixed or indeed something thats isn't a bug at all just an unfinished feature. Having said that its actually running very smoothly at the moment.

1.3 is still in alpha stage as far as I can see.

LOL Feeling noobish now tongue See the irony!

I didn't know that the SVN repo allowed anonymous logins, hence why... I thought 1.3 was at least approaching the beta stages, since it has been development for more than a year. Since you say it's still in the alpha stage, I suppose that it's still a long road? Anything I can do to speed it up, besides testing (pointless) and donating (will do tomorrow)? The thing is that I was really impressed by the sneak preview Rickard posted... and it seemed bugfree to me (although that was of course not the most complex plugin possible).

Yet Another Happy PunBB Admin!

http://driverpacks.net/

Bâshrat the Sneaky wrote:

But you say NO ONE is allowed (officially, since any one can copy the file contents of the SVN repo one by one) to  perform testing on the latest versions?

Grab a copy of TortoiseSVN and point it to: http://punbb.org/svn/punbb/branches/punbb-1.3-dev

Have fun, see what's going on with 1.3 but please don't post any issues to this forum. When Rickard is ready to put a public beta, then we can all join in the bug hunt.

He didn't said that.

57 (edited by Smartys 2006-08-19 01:35)

Since the version in SVN is not feature complete and is bound to have bugs, it's really not worthwhile. When it's in a state where Rickard wants to accept bug reports, he'll announce an open beta.
Test it out, by all means, but don't be surprised if any bug reports you make are ignored tongue

Testing never speeds up a release. wink

But it can lead to higher quality.

Aftonbörsens skapare. Var med och starta något roligt och stort du med!

if i recall the "plugin" system isn't even in it yet.... could be wrong, been known tohappen. tongue

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Dr.Jeckyl wrote:

if i recall the "plugin" system isn't even in it yet.... could be wrong, been known tohappen. tongue

The plugin is there but the table isn't....

I guess I'll wait some more then.

@Rickard: I've sent you a nice donation, have a nice drink from it or whatever you'd like to do with it wink smile See it as a token of my respect for your efforts! wink

Yet Another Happy PunBB Admin!

http://driverpacks.net/

elbekko wrote:
Dr.Jeckyl wrote:

He means the extension system tongue

Yeah. Well, the admin option (silly me) is there. The table isn't, and I guess the things required in the source isn't there either.

Smartys wrote:
elbekko wrote:
Dr.Jeckyl wrote:

He means the extension system tongue

yes the extension system, my bad.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more