Topic: Postcount?

I never liked postcount whores, and post stuffing, but I think users should be able to see their postcount. It should be turned off when viewing threads, but show when viewing a user's stats.

As the admin of my forum, I always know, but I also use a few forums that I don't mod, and am still curious. Plus, I can't even see my own there, and am curious whether or not I broke 4k posts yet. smile

-Tim

Re: Postcount?

it doesn't really make sense to me if you disable post count then i would have thought you wouldn't want people to see it at all,

btw to find out how many posts you have search by author, show by posts and multiply the number of posts by the umber of pages

Re: Postcount?

I dunno. I guess I'm just used to it like that. Before my favorite forums went to PunBB, they used to use phpBB2.

In the latter, postcount was turned off under the avatar, but you could still see it in the profile.

And the show posts and multiply thing is a good workaround, but might not work so well in cases like these and these. I know my postcount is well above 3,500, maybe even 4,000 by now. Yet, PunBB shows it as 27 pages of 30, which is 810.

We did lose a year due to someone not backing up, or corrupt backups or something, and possibly had some problems with the migration from phpBB2 to PunBB, but it often helps to see a users postcount (often, not always) to see whether his opinion should hold any weight or be helpful.

Just a thought.

-Tim