Topic: About myconfig.php file

Where should I put the config.php file? In www.mysite.com or in www.mysite.com/forum or some other directory?

I completed the install and put my config.php file in my forum root directory but I got this message: "The file 'config.php' doesn't exist or is corrupt. Please run install.php to install PunBB first."

I tried to install PunBB again but got a message stating that it was, of course, already installed. The thing is, I don't know how to get to the page that gave me my config.php code to see if I copied it correctly when I created my config.php file.

Re: About myconfig.php file

make sure it's actually a php file and not a txt file. but in any case it should go in mysite.com/forum directory.

just in case copy and paste the contents of the config file(with sensitive information removed ie: usernames and passowrds) to make sure it's all intact.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

<?php

$db_type = 'mysql';
$db_host = 'db000.xxxxxxx.net';
$db_name = 'db123456789';
$db_username = 'dbo123456789';
$db_password = 'password';
$db_prefix = '';
$p_connect = false;

$cookie_name = 'punbb_cookie';
$cookie_domain = '';
$cookie_path = '/';
$cookie_secure = 0;
$cookie_seed = '2aa14dbf';

define('PUN', 1);

4 (edited by Frank H 2005-05-31 17:27)

create a new empty txt file, open it in notepad or write, paste the information and save it, then rename it to config.php and upload it to your webserver.

if you use dreamweaver (or such) it sometimes cause a real mess ... (as seen in this thread)

Thanks, Frank H.

I've followed your instructions. Now, how do I test the application?

ploni: I've deleted your two other topics asking the same question. Stick to this topic.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Excellent! Can you answer my question?

it should be in the same folder as your forum index.php

Yes, I've got the app set up (I think).

Now I need to test it. Where do I start? Is there documentation somewhere on testing, using, etc.?

just open the url to your forums, if everything is ok it should go to your main forum page.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more