Topic: Users online integration for whole site

At the moment, users online only displays users that are in the forum. Visitors to the home page (with a PUN_QUIET_VISIT) are not displayed correctly if they are guests.
Because of PunBB's powerful cms/news generator capabilities, I have integrated it through my site, and so I would love a way of displaying all users online, even if they are having a PUN_QUIET_VISIT.

Re: Users online integration for whole site

moved to integration,

my suggestion on how to do this is edit what PUN_QUIET_VISIT does, instead of not adding an entry to the online table, make it add it to the online table, but also add an extra field to the online table called quiet, then when it gets deleted if quiet is 1 don't update the users last login time, you would also need to work out what would happen when you went on a quiet page then on a normal one and vice versa.

there might be a better way of doing it (possibly make 2 online tables and combine them?) but its not really that easy to do

Re: Users online integration for whole site

OK - thanks a lot for those suggestions. I'll see what I can manage.
Although I suppose this feature is not strictly a PunBB ("lean mean message board") priority, nevertheless, I do hope that there is more support for PunBB's cms and site integration possibilities in future versions.
(I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking this??)