Topic: Changing look and feel..

Hi,

I have finally come down to changing the look and feel of the PunBB site.

I looked into include/templates but that's very basic stuff. I looked into the header.php in the root folder and that has ECHO statements and so forth for writing!

Do I really have to edit code for changing the site's look? I need to add my own DIV tags and all that. Any ideas?

Re: Changing look and feel..

why do you need to add your own div tags? can't you just work with the ones there are

I believe one of the main points of PunBB is that you can do just about anything with the style sheets.

Yes, but the display is managed in ECHO tags and tons of PHP code. Modifying CSS is one thing. Disabling the display of a whole "block" is another.

I would like to make sure GUEST users see nothing but login screen. Try doing this and you'll see what I mean.

then go to usergroup options and choose the box that stops guests from viewing the forums

Related question.

How can I edit the templates themselves, e.g., "<pun_stats>" or "<pun_main>" in the main.tpl file? I'd like to move the stuff at the bottom of pun_main into pun_stats.

Also, how can I include PHP in the code, looks like these are only HTML templates.

Appreciate any ideas.

7 (edited by craigm 2005-07-19 11:11)

Addendum:

1. About including PHP into templates: I found -- here: http://punbb.org/docs/faq.html#faq3_4 -- that I can include some stuff through <pun_include>, but how can I access the variables defined in that include?

2. About extern.php...how can I include output from that file in to the templates? (I tried SSI includes but my host has disabled those, I'd like to include in pure PHP)

Thanks.

the first one would be complicated,

1. you just access them as normal

2. php includes? copy extern.php to the includes folder and edit it to work?