1 (edited by keyes 2005-08-19 14:23)

Topic: Live Bookmarks in Firefox

The live bookmarks feature in Firefox is very usefull ! Just a click and we can read all the news !

PunBB have a RSS backend, only one line is missing in the header to use this feature:

<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="<?php echo $pun_config['o_board_title'] ?>" href="extern.php?action=new&type=rss" />

Can you add it ? :-)

To patch manually:

#
#---------[ 1. OPEN ]---------------------------------------------------------
#

header.php

#
#---------[ 2. FIND (line: 64) ]---------------------------------------------
#

<title><?php echo $page_title ?></title>

#
#---------[ 3. AFTER, ADD ]-------------------------------------------------
#

<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="<?php echo $pun_config['o_board_title'] ?>" href="extern.php?action=new&type=rss" />

#
#---------[ 4. SAVE/UPLOAD ]-------------------------------------------------
#

Re: Live Bookmarks in Firefox

Thing is, in 1.3, the RSS features of PunBB will be improved so that you can syndicate the whole bulletin board, individual forums or even individual topics. With the introduction of that functionality will come the appropriate link tags.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Good news smile

Rickard wrote:

Thing is, in 1.3, the RSS features of PunBB will be improved so that you can syndicate the whole bulletin board, individual forums or even individual topics. With the introduction of that functionality will come the appropriate link tags.

That's great to hear, Rickard. I can't wait for this. I can finally run everything I do through RSS readers.