Topic: Maintaining Login in 1 browser Only

(Moved into apropriate forum)

Is there any method I should try which would only allow one browser to be logged into punbb at a time? For example, logging in at one location would cause the cookie in another browser to expire. The result would be only one user logged in under a single username at one time.

EDIT: this would apply only to one particular usename. Logging into Punbb with the username 'beta' and logging into a second browser with the name 'beta2' would not effect 'beta1'. Logging into the second browser with 'beta' would log out browser 1.

Could this be done by storing the session in the database?

I don't HAVE a signature, ok?

Re: Maintaining Login in 1 browser Only

Possible, yes, but not without modifying the source a bit. I don't quite see any reason why anyone would want it working that way though..

It would essentially prevent the same user from being logged in on two different computers or browsers at the same time. I think it would keep security tight, especially if someone doesn't log out from a public computer.

I don't HAVE a signature, ok?

Ah, ok.. Still don't think it's worth bothering with though.. If I were to do something like that, I'd use the IP adress to verify the user. You could modify PunBB so that when a user logs in, it stores the IP adress in both the database and the cookie. Then, in the .php files which checks the cookie, make the functions match the adresses. If they don't match, kill the cookie.

Should be pretty easy to do really smile