Topic: Exporting database (without search_matches)

Hello all,

I'm in trouble : I would like to export the database from my site (distant) to my pc (to work with localhost), before upgrading, if possible.
So, I go to mysql (distant), I select all the pun prefixed tables and ask : export (with no compression). The download begins (30s) : about 30 mo saved in one sql file.
The problem is the file is not complete (ending with (last line) «<b>Fatal error</b>:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in <b>/home/domaine/r/rekcah.fr/ssl/phpMyAdmin-2.6.2-rc1/libraries/dbi/mysql.dbi.lib.php</b> on line <b>118</b><br />»)
The punbb_search_matches table is huge and it seems (according to the error message quoted) that my host is limiting the time to 30 seconds (not enough to transfer all the data).

So, I would like to make my database lighter by deleting the punbb_search_matches data (from my distant database), then try to export (I hope I will have complete file this way) and then rebuild the search index with the maintenance tool.

What do you think about ?
Thanks,
abclf.

Re: Exporting database (without search_matches)

Hi,

That's exactly what I did to move a PunBB forum from my localhost to a provider. I went in and cleared the search tables, don't delete the tables just clear the data, saved the database dump in phpMyadmin and then used that to feed the new host.

Then went into admin/maintenance and rebuilt the search index.

Worked fine for me.

Re: Exporting database (without search_matches)

Thanks for replying hcgtv

Done and working (clearing data from search tables, exporting light database ok, and rebuilding index).
abclf.