Re: Private Message mod v1.2.2

I'll have a look at the changes.

Just another small change:

in files/include/header_new_messages.php, change line 11 to:
        if($pun_config['o_pms_enabled'] != 0 && $pun_user['g_id'] > PUN_GUEST){
(<- so it's about the "o_pms_..." part!) This prevents the error in the head of your forum.

Hendrik-Jan Heins

STUPID MISTAKE!!!!!

If you downloaded the file on my server before  nov. 4th, 13:30 GMT, it won't work!!!!
The version that is available there now, will.

Hendrik-Jan Heins

Another change:

The plugin gave everybody BUT the administrators the possibility to use the PM system.
I modded /plugin/AP_Private_messaging.php so that now also admins can use the system.

For sqllite: can sqllite users tell me (or connerhd) the commands they need to add and modify a table, so that we can also adapt this plugin for sqllite.

Hendrik-Jan

I've added sqlite support to the plugin.
The new version is 1.2.2b, also available at: http://145.98.209.235/deel/

Not sure if it all works correctly, as I don't have an sql db to test it with, so feedback from sqlite users please!

Hendrik-Jan Heins

56 (edited by llanis 2005-11-07 21:22)

Hi everybody, i've got the same problem Arvid had. I've installed the new version of punbb (1.2.10) and i've got this message error :

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE, expecting ';' in c:\wamp\www\punbb\include\functions.php on line 1061

, it is the first mod I install.

Excuse my english, I'm French wink
Thanx a lot for the help you can return to me wink

For information : Wamp is a php server wich allowed you to work php and mysql on your pc (http://www.wampserver.com/)

Sorry for my bad english, I'm french ;)

I think you modded something incorrectly

you probably forgot to place a "; " on or near line 1061
in file c:\wamp\www\punbb\include\functions.php

Smartys is right, check your editing.

Hendrik-Jan

thanks, a < had just been forgotten wink on the line 1061 wink

Sorry for my bad english, I'm french ;)

Mine still don't work. I've replaced the last 20 or so rows (including the row where it says it's an error) from the original functions.php, but still i get the same error-msg. If i switch functions.php to the original functions.php then PunBB works, but PMS don't. I can't figure this one out, so guess i'll have to stay with 1.2.6...

its something you have done wrong when applying the mod, just do the changes again.

in the punres forums, someone posted this to show the number of messages you have and the number of messages allocated:

You have $num_messages out of the allocated {$pun_user['g_pm_limit']}

how do I integrate that into message_list.php?  I tried

<?php echo You have $num_messages out of the allocated {$pun_user['g_pm_limit']} ?>

but I got a parse error because I suck at PHP. help? thanks!

63 (edited by lament 2005-11-09 19:29)

ahh nevermind I got it..

<form method="post" action="message_list.php">
<div class="blocktable" style="margin-left: 152px;">
    <h2><span>[b]<?php echo $name ?></span> : <?php echo "You have $num_messages out of the allocated {$pun_user['g_pm_limit']}" ?>[/b]</h2>

and it goes here:

http://www.sadreminders.com/_temp/pm_1.gif

however, it's saying I only have 20 maximum, but in the settings, it's 30.

http://www.sadreminders.com/_temp/pm_2.gif

I just tried changing the number a few times in the PM plugin settings, and it doesn't appear to be changing it in the db.

ok first of all IT ALREADY GIVES A PERCENTAGE OF HOW FULL YOUR MAILBOX IS so why do you have to add this?

The problem is you are admin, admins setting is at 20 whatever but it is ignored.

65 (edited by lament 2005-11-09 22:50)

Connorhd wrote:

ok first of all IT ALREADY GIVES A PERCENTAGE OF HOW FULL YOUR MAILBOX IS so why do you have to add this?

The problem is you are admin, admins setting is at 20 whatever but it is ignored.

as you can see by the screen shot, i don't see that as an admin or moderator, and nowhere does it say anything about that, so how the hell am I to know that?

this information is not in the PM mod docs, and you might've said something about it being in there somewhere in the forums - but I didn't see anywhere where you said "it's in there, but if you're an admin or a mod, you won't see it."

if you posted something about that and I missed it, then I apologize.

but maybe it needs to be in the docs because obviously I'm not the only one to have this problem (see the punres site), and obviously you're getting tired of answering this question.

But i said it is in it on the punres site, if you actually read the thread you would know that.

Connorhd wrote:

But i said it is in it on the punres site, if you actually read the thread you would know that.

This thread?

I read that, and nowhere in the thread do you mention that if you're logged in as admin or moderator you will not see the percentage.

here's what you did say:

"It already says that in both the inbox and outbox."

"It IS built in, and if you used this mod then it DOES have it."

and here I am looking right at it and it's not showing it - because I'm logged in as admin and/or moderator.

all i'm saying is that it would relieve headaches for everyone if you either edit your post to reflect that, and/or add it to the docs.

cheers..

Thanks, looks really good smile This one is really improved.

connor I have a user who can't delete PM messages. he says he has 2 pages worth, and when he tries to delete, this is what he gets:

Bad HTTP_REFERER. You were referred to this page from an unauthorized source. If the problem persists please make sure that 'Base URL' is correctly set in Admin/Options and that you are visiting the forum by navigating to that URL. More information regarding the referrer check can be found in the PunBB documentation.

any ideas?

thanks!

find the line with confirm_referrer and comment it out.

ok cool thanks.. any reason why he's the only one having this problem? a browser setting?

Thank you. wink

Yours, Benny.

for windows users:

install_mod.php
change all:  NOT NULL DEFAULT '';    to   NOT NULL DEFAULT 0;

74 (edited by FredrikK 2005-11-12 16:40)

When installing:

"An error was encountered
File: /customers/brunna.se/brunna.se/httpd.www/install_mod.php
Line: 76

PunBB reported: Unable to add columns to table

Database reported: Duplicate column name 'g_pm' (Errno: 1060)"

What to do? sad

hej!

lament wrote:

ok cool thanks.. any reason why he's the only one having this problem? a browser setting?

It could be, it could also be Norton Internet Security improving "privacy" tongue

miik wrote:

for windows users:

install_mod.php
change all:  NOT NULL DEFAULT '';    to   NOT NULL DEFAULT 0;

Why? I never had an issue running it...

FredrikK wrote:

When installing:

"An error was encountered
File: /customers/brunna.se/brunna.se/httpd.www/install_mod.php
Line: 76

PunBB reported: Unable to add columns to table

Database reported: Duplicate column name 'g_pm' (Errno: 1060)"

What to do? sad

Did you already install this or a similar mod before?