You should add your request here if:
- You are absolutely sure that this feature should be part of the forum's core. Otherwise, add a PunBB 1.3 extension request, please.
- Do not waste user's data on any kind of errors.
- The case: I click
Post replyand add some text to the
Write messagefield. At that moment I've got an urgent phone call, go away from the computer. I come back in an hour and see the message I've started before. I add more text, consider it finished and click
Submit. But my authorization has expired! I get
You do not have permission to access this pageand lose my message! The only hope to get it back is to rely on the browser keeping the form text on clicking the
- Possible solutions:
- Just print out the message source under the
You do not have permission to access this pagemessage.
- Save the message somewhere, let user to log in and get him back to the
Post replyform, having the text untouched.
- Highlight the incorrectly filled fields in the forms.
- E.g. I fill the registration form and type the password confirmation incorrectly. Now I get the error saying
Password confirmation is incorrectand have too think of and look for the place to fix this. The better way is to highlight the incorrect fields. And/or even write the proper error message nearby (not in the top for all the form).
- Refine search.
- When I've submitted the search, I have no way to refine it: specify or alter any of the criteria.
- In the search results page, there must be a link to refine search. The search form should be filled with the recently sent values.
Make it possible to search only by topic title.
- User account removal: allow user to remove his own account from the forum. (discussion)
- Mark as read only those topics, which users can see on the page.
- To add validation of the timezone field on the registration page.
- “Search flood interval” parameter should affect all search functions, including searching for new posts, active topics, and unanswered topics.
- Add links to categories.