Table of Contents
- Copy/upload all contents of the archive into the directory served by your web server (e.g.
- Open forum index (e.g.
http://example.com/forum/index.phpin your browser) and follow the instructions.
Follow these instructions to migrate from your current PunBB 1.2.* installation to 1.3.
| NOTE: Make a backup of your current forum directory before proceeding. Also, don't forget to make a backup of your forum database. Use the tool
- Download PunBB 1.3 and extract the archive on your hard disk.
- Replace your old 1.2 directory with the contents of the 1.3 archive. Keep old
img/avatarsdir. E.g. if you have 1.2 installed into
www/punbb/and forum URL is
http://example.com/punbb/. You can use the next steps:
- rename old
- create new directory
www/punbb/and put PunBB 1.3 there;
- Open forum index and follow instructions.
How to update an 1.3 forum:
- make a backup of the database and files;
- turn the Maintenance mode on (via admin panel);
- overwrite old files with new ones;
- after owerwriting, verify that cache, img/avatars and extensions (for pun_repository) directories have enough write permissions (usually 777);
- clear cache directory;
- go to the forum index and run db_update.php script (this may take a long time);
- turn the Maintenance mode off.