Our project uses Subversion to store the forum core or extensions. Also, it allows to trace changes in the code and have different versions of a forum or extensions.
Now we have two repositories:
- Official - for the forum core and official extensions.
- Unofficial - for styles, language packs, mods for PunBB 1.2, 1.3 developed by third-party developers.
Everybody has got read access to repositories.
The structure of the official repository is the following:
- additions. Here you can find official extensions and styles.
- punbb. This section contains 3 directories:
- trunk - current version (PunBB 1.3);
- tags - all releases are placed here;
- branches - here you can trace changes in development of other versions.
The structure of the unofficial repository is the following:
If you want to share langpacks, mods, etc. with the community, you can add them to the unofficial repository. But before that you need to get an account with writing permissions. To do this, send an e-mail (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) or pm via Forum (to Slavok or to Parpalak) with a request of password to the unofficial repository.
You can use TortoiseSVN. After installing it, create a new directory, select the “Checkout” menu item of the context menu. Enter the URL of the repository and click the “Ok” button.
man svn :)