Topic: Users not receiving body text of forum emails

Some of my newly-registered users are not receiving the body text of emails they get from the forum for things like "forgot password." Any way to fix this? Is it a known problem with some (Windows Live mail) providers?

Re: Users not receiving body text of forum emails

The body? But the subject is there?
That sounds like a problem with the provider or with your setup. Can YOU get the emails properly?

I looked at the email that the students received and it arrived with no body at all - but yes, the subject was there and it was addressed properly.

I sent a registration email to myself (GMail) and it worked fine. But when I tried "forgot password," that email was sent to me without a body or subject. Looking in the header, "mailed-by" says "yourhostingaccount.com".

Did I miss a setting somewhere? I looked through admin options and wasn't able to find any fields with "yourhostingaccount.com" in them.

That's a header added by your host, not PunBB.
Do you have a file named activate_password.tpl in the mail_templates folder of the default language for your forum? If so, is the file blank?

Whoa - activate_password.tpl is missing. Where can I download this file? I have version .14. Thank you!

Download a fresh copy of PunBB and look in there smile