Topic: awww i need help im going crazy

well i'm new at installing forums and this is driving me crazy. im getting this error

An error occured on line 58 in file /home/content/b/a/d/badassfiles/html/badassfiles/include/dblayer/mysql.php.

PunBB reported: Unable to connect to MySQL server. MySQL reported: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/usr/local/mysql-5.0/data/mysql.sock' (2)

i have watched the video tutorial like 3000 times and redoing it around 3000 times just trying to do trial and error.

PS: if it makes any different  im using  go daddy.com as my hosting .

If someone helps get my forums up i will make you a moderator lol smile please YOUR MY LAST HOPE!!!!!!!!

Re: awww i need help im going crazy

Seems like your MySQL server is down or you've put wrong credentials in your config.php, can you access the database with phpmyadmin?

I'm not sure godaddy has the MySQL server running on localhost. Make sure your database server address is correct.

Did you follow this
http://help.godaddy.com/article.php?art … y&isc=

Godaddy don't use localhost, they assign a hostname which is found in the user control panel. The database name will be the same as the username.

OH!!! i feel so stupid now THANK YOU SO SO SO SO SO MUCH. im going to fly over to the uk and give you a pat on the back lol THANKS AGAIN SO MUCH