Re: I cannot login after moved forum to another server

I dont think it can be, they have always been able to login at the old server.

A user said:

anytime I try with the password that I thought it was, it brings me back to the topics page say "you are not logged in" but any time I type in a password that I'm pretty sure it isn't, it just tells me that I have the wrong password.

So I dont think it is a cookies error? Do you think it is cookies?

Some relation to cookies, yes. I'd still suggest checking if they have any of that Norton crap on the go. That gave me three days of grief with one of my users with the same problem.

28 (edited by drinkingsouls 2007-10-23 20:37)

Hey, one of my users turned Norton off and then tried to login and got the same problem. Any other ideas?

Im not sure if this is relevant but I installed a anti spam mod recently, could this be causing the problem in any way?

Help anyone? I rlly need to get this sorted. Is there a step to step guide of moving server anywhere?

I can't access your forum: I'm being redirected through what looks like a bunch of spam sites

Youger re directed? I can access it fine at http://www.drinkingsouls.co.uk/Forums/
I dont know why that could be

It works fine now, oddly enough

I just logged in fine with Firefox and IE: if we can't replicate the issue, we can't diagnose the issue wink

On an unrelated note, your spambot prevention question doesn't allow the word to be written with an upper case R, as a user would assume it should be.

Just a thought: can you login to their account?

I can login to their account, which is wierd as they cannot. Thats why I thought it must be a cookies issue, which it probably is.

Oh yeah, I know that it does not allow uppercase but I dont know how to make it allow uppercase and lowercase. I havnt really had time to sort that out yet because of the login problem.

Indeed. I would have them verify that they haven't accidentally added your site to some block list for cookies, because the cookie you're sending seems perfectly valid (and if you can login, it's a problem with their computer).

I dont think they can have, I had the Forum running for a long time on my old server and they had no problems with logging in at all and my URL is still the same, so if they had not blocked the cokies from my site then, then they cant have now?

Try changing the cookie name.

I changed the cookie name and I think that it has worked, One member has said that they can now login.
Im not sure if this is the right thread for this but seen as you brought it up, do you know how to make my spambot prevention accept uppercase and lowercase?
Thanks for your help.

Use strtolower on both the input and the string you're checking against.

Ummm, How do I do that?