1 (edited by pedrotuga 2007-11-04 20:21)

Topic: Weird... i cant insert any data

I migrated a forum i had from sqlite to mysql because i moved to a server without sqlite support, i already managed to put the whole thing working, well.. almost.

I can't insert any data. It's not a user permition error, i checked that.

It's some trouble with th search index but i don't know how to fix it.

Here's the whole story:

I created a dump from my old sqlite database, then, when i was runing it on my mysql server it was throwing duplicate keys errors on the search words table. I though it was kind of weird, but i simply removed the INSERT statements for the three tables that hold the search index. I left only the CREATE table statements and plan to rebuild the index afterwords.

Now that i have the forums up again with mysql i can't rebuild the index nor create a post. This is the error i get:

Error: Unable to insert search index words.

Another strange thing... when i go the the 'rebuild search index' page it shows 0 instead of the id of the oldest post which is like 5989.

Any tips?

Re: Weird... i cant insert any data

Enable debug mode, paste the full error

PunBB reported: Unable to insert search index words

Database reported: Duplicate entry '0' for key 1 (Errno: 1062)

There is some trouble with mysql index, i think i screw up my database a little bit.

My search_words table has to indexes for the id column... is it supposed to?

phpmyadmin gives this warning:

The following indexes appear to be equal and one of them should be removed: PRIMARY, search_words_id_idx

From install.php

$sql = 'CREATE TABLE '.$db_prefix."search_words (
                    id MEDIUMINT(8) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
                    word VARCHAR(20) BINARY NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
                    PRIMARY KEY (word),
                    KEY ".$db_prefix."search_words_id_idx (id)

Sounds like you're missing auto_increment, and the primary key is set incorrectly.

Ok... there is this error that i am not sure if is related with indexes or charsets:

INSERT INTO search_words (word) VALUES('olá'),('finalmente'),('pronto'),('novo'),('fórum'),('longo'),('periodo'),(forum),...

the words 'fórum' and 'forum' aparently violate the primary key despite being diferent.

I will try to create the database using a dump from a clean install and insert only the data . Thanks

Did you fix both problems?

By the time i wrote the last message, no. The autoincrement values were messed up as well the indexes and some column proprities in almos all the tables.

But i think i fixed it all now.
I took the create table statements from a clean install ant the inserts from a mysqldump -t ( without the create table statements )

Everything appears to be working now.

This database is the most adventured one i have, it was a phorum instalarion from the begging, then i migrated it to punbb and switched it from mysql to sqlite to give it a try. Now, i am moving server again i had to migrate it back to mysql due to lack of sqlite support. Pretty amazing how everthing always works after all.

Thanks for the help everybody, i didn't even know that there was such things as debug mode or query dumps in punbb, very handy.

mmm... i came across another problem...
When i try to edit the forum permitions the only thing i get ( besides header and footer )
is an empty error message.

I enabled both debug mode and show queries. I don't get any error message, but this is the executed queries...

0.00086      SELECT u.*, g.*, o.logged, o.idle FROM users AS u INNER JOIN groups AS g ON u.group_id=g.g_id LEFT JOIN online AS o ON o.user_id=u.id WHERE u.id=2
0.00016     UPDATE online SET logged=1194236640 WHERE user_id=2
0.00020     SELECT * FROM online WHERE logged<1194236340
0.00027     SELECT COUNT(id) FROM reports WHERE zapped IS NULL

What can this be...?

When you actually click the edit link, as opposed to just visiting the page?

10 (edited by pedrotuga 2007-11-04 20:36)

yes.
Can it be some token failing or so?

I have no idea what it would be, I would need to see a screenshot.
And you haven't edited admin_forums.php, right?

Nop... i didn't touch it.
I also find it very weird.
I'm afraid it doesn't help so much, but here goes the screenshot.
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/4679 … hotdr9.png

Try uploading a fresh copy of admin_forums.php and header.php

will do, thanks

15 (edited by pedrotuga 2007-11-04 21:38)

ahh... it couldn't work but i tried anyway.
It has to be something with the database, cache or something. I forgot to mention that i moved to a new server with a new domain.

Try removing all the cache files then
What does the URL look like when you click that link?

I did that already.... it looks like this wont be easy to solve... :s
it looks like this
http://mydomain.com/admin_forums.php?edit_forum=30

I can see the forum list in the admin panel and i can click and get to the edit forum page. But when i submit i get that page i showed you.

I can't tell any more about it without actually having access to the forum. Email me, smartys at this domain.