Topic: Running Punbb on PHP 4?

Hey, is it possible to run the latest version of Punbb on php 4? I moved servers but my new host does not have php 5 and when I upload my forums and go to the homepage I get the message:

This PHP environment doesn't have Improved MySQL (mysqli) support built in. Improved MySQL support is required if you want to use a MySQL 4.1 (or later) database to run this forum. Consult the PHP documentation for further assistance.

I was told this message is shown because I dont have php 5 but in the requirements here on Punnbb.org it says it needs:

A webserver (preferably Apache).
PHP 4.1.0 or later (PHP 5 included).
MySQL 3.23.17 or later, PostgreSQL 7.0 or later or SQLite. (see details below).

Can anyone help me out here?
Thanks

Re: Running Punbb on PHP 4?

PunBB works perfectly on PHP 4. Your new server simply doesn't have the mysqli PHP extension. In config.php, change the db_type to mysql instead of mysqli.

Hey, thanks for your reply. I changed the db type and the error message has now gone.

Im now getting the message:

Error: Unable to fetch guest information

You can see that here: http://drinkingsouls.co.uk/Forums/

Im not sure what Ive done wrong. Im guessing that this is to do with the database right?. It seems that I can connect to the datatbase, just not the user.

Enable debug mode, paste the full error

How can I do that?

Aha, got it:

File: /home/drinking/public_html/drinkingsouls.co.uk/Forums/include/functions.php
Line: 125

PunBB reported: Unable to fetch guest information

Database reported: Table 'drinking_forums.users' doesn't exist (Errno: 1146)

The user drinking_forums does exist. I dont know why its put .users on the end...

It has nothing to do with the user. It's saying that the table doesn't exist.
So, it's looking in the drinking_forums database (as specified in config.php) for the users table.