Topic: Extra Boxes mod

Hello,

I've been searching all through the forums to try to figure this out, but I'm still confused.  Can anyone help me?

http://www.punres.org/desc.php?pid=57  I'm looking at this mod because I need a way for my client to have an extra box at the top in which she can put advertisements.  I want something like what I see when clicking on this particular link.  Is this the appropriate mod to use?  If not, what's a better one?

Of course, I don't think this one will work for me anyway will it?  I get this when I run install_mod.php:

You are running a version of PunBB (1.2.15) that this mod does not support. This mod supports PunBB versions: 1.2.3, 1.2.4

Help?

Re: Extra Boxes mod

Susan wrote:

Of course, I don't think this one will work for me anyway will it?  I get this when I run install_mod.php:

You are running a version of PunBB (1.2.15) that this mod does not support. This mod supports PunBB versions: 1.2.3, 1.2.4

http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=10518

Thanks so much for your reply.  I now have it installed (I think), but I don't see where to make it work.  How do I activate it?  (sorry for such newbie questions)

Susan you can add the box via the tpl and place your files inside the include/user folder

such as this

name this extra_box.php

<div class="block">
            <h2><span>Extra Box</span></h2>
            <div class="box">
                <div class="inbox">
                    <p>
                    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Praesent augue. Nulla facilisi. Fusce bibendum accumsan erat. Quisque sollicitudin mattis neque. Sed dapibus. Integer a lectus eu sem consequat pellentesque. Morbi rhoncus nulla. Duis adipiscing interdum velit. Fusce ante. Ut vitae enim sit amet magna sodales hendrerit. In sed tortor at sapien convallis eleifend. Proin mauris. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Ut metus. Cras ac arcu et arcu porttitor blandit. Nam vitae lectus eget mauris sollicitudin placerat. Suspendisse vestibulum. Donec varius libero. Duis velit tellus, euismod vitae, consequat sed, consectetuer ut, purus.
                    </p>
                    <p>
                    Praesent viverra venenatis magna. Etiam in dolor. Ut in justo ac nibh malesuada cursus. Duis urna arcu, aliquam vitae, consequat nec, tincidunt non, mi. Nunc lobortis. Nunc pharetra. Sed porttitor. Maecenas turpis tortor, blandit nec, dignissim in, porttitor eu, odio. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Suspendisse augue odio, ornare a, elementum ac, tincidunt varius, orci. Nulla libero ante, hendrerit ac, consectetuer eu, sollicitudin et, eros. Duis sapien. Suspendisse ornare enim sit amet dui. Donec ullamcorper diam.
                    </p>
                </div>
            </div>
        </div>

save that file as extra_box.php inside the include/user folder!!!!

now open main.tpl
and place this string where you want the box to show...

<pun_include "extra_box.php">

that it... extra box!!

Q

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

Thanks for your reply.  I'll give it a shot.  So, are you saying I didn't need to edit all those files that the instructions for the mod had me do?

Quick question....so, basically, this is just a way to add divs to the template?  And it's only editable through the php page and not the Admin?

yes, indeed.

The admin panel is not intended to provide template editing facilities.
To control the look of your forum you basically need to edit the template files.

Okay, thanks so much.

How to add a condition for display ads only on the home page and in the forums?