Topic: Unregistered users logged on

In it self a OK message, but in my family forum I have disables any Guest functions, and avtivated alert when registering. So, where does these unregistered users come from? There are bots, of cource, but how can they be seen as logged on? Any thoughts?

Jack

Re: Unregistered users logged on

I'm not quite certain of what you are meaning.

Ah, sorry, I'll try to be more explisit.
I did not want guests to visit the forum, so I removed all settings in Options that would let guests visit/read the forum. I also took away the possibillity to chose your own password when registering, and activated the "Alert upon registration", so I could monitor who and when people registered. Since this is a newly startet family forum there are at the moment not more than 30 members, and I know them all...
To test this functionality I tried to log in as Guest, but i all seems to work fine, I was not allowed.

But from time to time, when watching the status field at the bottom, I can see, say,  "4 registered users  are logget on" and "2 unregistered users are logged on". What I can not understand is where these unregistered users come from, when I positively have locked them out?

Jack

4 (edited by MattF 2007-12-03 19:01)

Right, so you are actually referring to the 'Guests online:' part at the bottom of the forum? They're not logged in, they are merely logged in the online list. If you have disabled guest viewing of the board, all they will see is one of the no access messages. (Can't remember which one offhand). Simple way to test is to try viewing your forum as a guest. smile

If it's something else you're referring to, is there any chance you could post the link to your forum?

There was the answer to my question!  Those who are trying to log in as guests are visible in this field, but they are not logged in. That explains it.
Thank you.

Jack

Oh it's really fun thing in your mind!
If you wanna none except somebody can access that,you should't choose web forums but a secret stunnel instead; something like communicate with crypted P2P software?

Anyhow,or just set the server only can been accessed with the IP adds you wanna?