Topic: Change Post Count to display text - possible?

Is it possible to change the post count of a single member (the administrator) to display static text instead of that members current post count?

I've seen this feature on other board softwares but couldn't find anything over at punres hmm

In viewtopic.php whenever I post I want it to change "Posts: 1234" to "Posts: All day long" big_smile

Not a major mod I hope, just meant as a bit of fun on the forum to annoy everyone who think post count is a show of authority

Thanks

Re: Change Post Count to display text - possible?

Try this. Find:

$user_info[] = '<dd>'.$lang_common['Posts'].': '.$cur_post['num_posts'];

Change to:

if ($cur_post['g_id'] == PUN_ADMIN)
{
        $user_info[] = '<dd>'.$lang_common['Posts'].': [Your text here]';
}
else
{
        $user_info[] = '<dd>'.$lang_common['Posts'].': '.$cur_post['num_posts'];
}

Thanks for the reply Matt smile

We actually have three administraters on the board and I'm assuming that using this code would change all three of our post counts to the same static text. Is it possible to do it by member_id or some other way?

I don't think the other admins will be impressed if I hide there post count - there the ones who think it is a show of authority http://chopaway.com/evolution/img/smilies/14.gif

You should have been more specific with your question. big_smile

Change this line in that code above:

if ($cur_post['g_id'] == PUN_ADMIN)

to:

if ($cur_post['poster_id'] == '[your user_id]')

Try that one. smile Change poster_id for username if you want to work on the username instead of the user_id.

Thanks Matt I'll give this a go later this evening smile