Topic: Post New Topic button next to each forum name on Forums home page

Greetings. I very often need to post new topics in different forums on my forum. But this is a two step process which sometimes is discouraging. I need to first click the forum link on the forums home and then click on Post new topic on the extreme right on the viewforum page. I want a post new topic icon or link on the right of each forum link on the forum main page. Please help on how to do this.

Also please help me on how to add a Post new topic link next to Post reply on the viewtopic page on the extreme right. Thanks in advance.

Re: Post New Topic button next to each forum name on Forums home page

Moved to Modifications

Its two clicks? I don't have a problem going to a extra page just to post a topic...

also this would then mean members might not read the stickys (not that many do lol) and possible any topics that is related to what he/she is going to say.

I belive the description is limited to HTML not PHP.. but yeah you just edit the index.php smile ill see if i can do it, along with your other stuff lol

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

Thanks Matt. Most of the forum visitors are readers who don't post often. So I guess they will still go to the viewforum pages to read the stickies and topic names. Please let me know what do I add in the index.php and where for this when you have the time to do so.

5 (edited by Utchin 2007-12-07 15:54)

Done smile

open Index.php (or forum/s.php)

Find line 132

<?php echo $forum_field."\n".$moderators ?>

and put before it

<p class="postlink conr"><a href="post.php?fid=<?php echo $cur_forum['fid'] ?>">Post new topic</a></p>

that works.. That isnt using Any lanague tho.

Let me know how it goes wink

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.