1 (edited by arx 2005-08-10 10:39)

Topic: There is no valid language pack '' installed. Please reinstall a ...

'There is no valid language pack '' installed. Please reinstall a language of that name.'

I'm running the latest version.
I'm on quite a crap hosting company, but it works with every forum i've tried so far.

I've checked and rechecked and re-permissioned my lang directory, everything is there - but it seems like the install script doesn't know it's even there. I've checked common.php and it's in the right place, so i really am lost.

Anyone else had this problem?

arx_

Re: There is no valid language pack '' installed. Please reinstall a ...

What is the exact name of the language directory?

Not a bug so moving to troubleshooting.

lang/English

Sorry, i thought this might be universal.

For some reason, $pun_user['language'] is set to ''. Have a look in your database at what the language column is set to for the user in question.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Gotta bump this, having the same problem.
I have enabled debugging and PUN_SHOW_QUERIES, but the only thing i see is:
"There is no valid language pack '' installed. Please reinstall a language of that name."

The database looks right and o_default_lang is set to English. There is a directory in lang thats named English, so that shouldn't be a problem. I've also cleared the cache files.

It seems like punbb cant get the information from the database, i have done a complete "reinstall" of punbb, tried both mysqli and mysql, with no success.

Mysql version: 5.0.27-community-nt
PHP Version: 5.2.0-8

Please help me, the deadline were yesterday sad

Link?

Also... Is this PunBB on its own? or a modified enhanced punbb?

Because I have had this problem on a modified punbb... I think it was puntal... but cant confirm. tongue

Its a pure punbb install, nothing modified at all. Just tried it once more, same result.

Checked my cache-folder and it contains an empty cache_config.php-file, shouldn't it contain something? After all, its a cache file... And if i remove it, it will be generated again and still empty.

Without being able to take a look at the database and the code, I can't really tell any more. If you want to give me details on how to do that outside of the forum, send me an email;

It seems like someone fixed the problem, probably the hosting company. I will try to find out what they changed and post it here so that other ppl with the same problem may be able to fix it.

Thanks anyhow StevenBullen and Smartys