Topic: problem patching to 1.2.16

Hi.. I created the .patch file and ran it as per instructions found here but i could not find any update scripts or even a scripts folder as explained at the bottom of the instructions doc. when i went to the forum after running patch.. all i get is a blank white page. i try to go to install.php and i get a 403 forbidden.

the forums were working fine before with 1.2.15

so i decided to look more into it and downloaded the zipped file that has an update php script.. uploaded and ran but same blank white page.

so lastly i reuploaded all of the 1.2.15 scripts to overwrite anything ive done.. still a blank white page.

the only thing i havent done is delete the entire forums folder and reinstall fresh

anyone have any idea what could be the issue? or how i can solve it?

Re: problem patching to 1.2.16

It sounds like you have a parse error somewhere but display_errors is disabled: are you sure you overwrote all of the PHP files (other than config.php)?

i went ahead and deleted the entire forums folder and backed up the config.php.. extracted fresh copy of 1.2.15 into a new forums folder(same name).. chmod'd cache.. restored config.php and the forums are back up as they were before. but im still at 1.2.15.

question is.. can i do the same thing i just did but extract 1.2.16 instead? has anything changed in the database between 1.2.15 and 1.2.16 ? has the config file changed at all either? or is there somewhere that better explains the patch/upgrade process? i feel like a moron not being able to update a simple forum lol

Very few things changed between 1.2.15 and 1.2.16. Just upload 1.2.16, copy your config.php over and run the db update script, if you want the version number to reflect the change.