Topic: Permission denied in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/forum/install.php...

Hi!
I've got troubles with the installation process of PunBB. I'm trying to install PunBB on my own Linux server. (Apache 2.0.48, PHP 4.3.4, MySQL 4.0.17)

When pressing "Start Installation" (install.php) I get this message:

Warning: main(./include/dblayer/mysql.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/forum/install.php on line 284

Because I'm a complete newbie to MySQL, my own suggestion is that something is wrong with the privileges of the database.

I've installed phpMyAdmin and created a mysql user "punuser" (HOST=localhost Password=Yes Global privileges=USAGE Grant=No) and a database "pun" which punuser has access to (Privileges=ALL PRIVILEGES). Is that okay?

Well, I'm stuck! What else could cause this error? Please help!

Cheers, Nils

Re: Permission denied in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/forum/install.php...

It's not a problem with MySQL. For some reason, PHP doesn't have permissions to include the script include/dblayer/mysql.php. Try chmodding the files in that directory to 777.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Re: Permission denied in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/forum/install.php...

Chmod 777 in the dblayer directory didn't help. But chmod 777 * in the forum's root directory solved the problem. Thanks! =)