Topic: I'm appreciate to receive some advice for a newbie programmer

I'm not a computer major,and I haven't got any programming training.
I just have some html and css knowledge which learned by myself.
Exactly I like web programming,it created so a beautiful world I'm not seen before.

Can some dude working on programming gave me advices on program learning,if I wanna master the php,perl,mysql,Ruby, and where should I beginning? With what?

There I got a computer and chunks of ebook about internet and web construction full of my disk,and reading it some hours one day. Coz I got nothing to do,I'm jobless.^-^

Ps: the forum all talking about punbb,but I really can not find another forum than "general talking" to post this topic.

Re: I'm appreciate to receive some advice for a newbie programmer

I'd personally suggest the best PHP resource is the PHP website, for most specifics: http://php.net

That site, and people on here, (and I have had some dumb moments for them to contend with), big_smile have been the two most useful resources, in my book.

I'd seriously suggest just learning one language at a time, however, rather than trying to learn all three, that you've listed above, at once. I've never touched or looked at Ruby, but with regards to perl, unless you have a specific reason for needing to learn that language, I'd honestly give that one a miss.

Re: I'm appreciate to receive some advice for a newbie programmer

thanks MattF