Topic: can some one please make a mod of seo that is in 1.3 v to current 1.2

can some one please make a mod of seo that is in 1.3 v to current 1.2 mod ... all the changes like i saw htaccess changed and new file punwrite.php arrived and also another files in include ....

can some one collect all this and make a mod that work in this current version. ...

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!

2 (edited by Smartys 2008-01-27 21:58)

Re: can some one please make a mod of seo that is in 1.3 v to current 1.2

Good luck to whoever wants to try this, such a mod would touch every single URL in every single file. tongue

Edit: So, either you'll have a mod where you're editing lots of lines in every file, or you'll have a mod like one I just saw where you're running preg_replace over the contents of the entire page once for each URL you want to rewrite.

ok ... tell me alitle about 1.3 version ,,,

will there is update script to update from previous version to current ....

when u update it will ur mods that u already installed will be still avaliable and working ...

SuperMAG wrote:

will there is update script to update from previous version to current ....

Yes, we aim to make the upgrade as easy as possible

SuperMAG wrote:

when u update it will ur mods that u already installed will be still avaliable and working ...

No, that would be physically impossible. 1.3's code is different from 1.2, as I already said, so you need to replace your old PunBB files with new copies. That wipes out the code for any modifications. The database data would of course stay intact, so when an extension is written with the same functionality, you can install it and have it work.

It would be a long time for that thing happened smile so enjoy the 1.2.xx.
May be the url friendly is not so important.I think "viewtopic.php?id=654" is also short and search enginee friendly.maybe wrong.

ok another question .... when u update ur forun to 1.3 and need to start adding mods

the mods you add that work in the previous version will it be working in the current version ...

oh another one too ...

when u update your forum .. the posts and topics will be removed or will be still intact .,,

SuperMAG wrote:

ok another question .... when u update ur forun to 1.3 and need to start adding mods

the mods you add that work in the previous version will it be working in the current version ...

No. As I said, the code in 1.3 is different from 1.2. Any modifications should be rewritten to take advantage of the new extension system. The rewritten extensions can of course work the same way as the mods they replace

SuperMAG wrote:

when u update your forum .. the posts and topics will be removed or will be still intact .,,

Of course they stay, we're not making you start from scratch

ok thanks smartys ...