Topic: totally delete really bad spammers

http://www.fatalthugs.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=8

if you take a look at this link you should be able to see a user called sl scuzz has spammed the hell out of my board.  ive already banned him and deleted his account and such but there is more there thats still making me look bad.

i was hoping i could get some mysql commands that would help me whipe out his name in the last post section as well as delete all topics started by him.

im not sure if this is considered sensative material so maybe somebody could help me out threw email.

anyway thanks yall.   big_smile

Re: totally delete really bad spammers

This is a problem. There is no simple way of doing that. Actually, the fastest way for you is to post a message in all the topics that he spammed in and then removing them one by one. That will reset the last post column.

I'm going to work out a way to remedy the situation for PunBB 1.1.1 but until then, you will have to do it manually (or have someone create a script for you).

Edit: I'm not sure what has happened after his spamming, but I guess you've removed his posts by running a query or something? Something weird has happened, that's for sure.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

3 (edited by chacmool 2004-01-14 00:16)

ihavenoidea wrote:

I was hoping i could get some mysql commands that would help me whipe out his name in the last post section as well as delete all topics started by him.

I'll help you smile

Just run this file from the punbb root. There's no "Run"-button or such fancy stuff though... A warning too, I've just tested it quickly on my database, so make a backup or something before using it.

Edit: It's not taking care of the forums, but since there's only three of them, Kennels  manual suggestion works fine there.

Actually, chacmools script will not work because ihavenoidea appears to be running PunBB 1.0 :)

I'll update it. Just give me a minute.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

And now it appears as if ihavenoidea has given up or something. The whole site seems to be gone. Oh well.

hi. sorry the site was down for a bit while i was upgrading my server.

i ran a mysql query.  something like "DELETE * FROM forum_posts WHERE uid=273" or something like that.

heh i guess i should asked first.  but now im totally ready to go with your next suggestion.

thanks

Have you installed a lot of mods or made a lot of change to the code? If not, I really recommend that you upgrade to the latest version (1.1.1 as we speak). I've included a script in 1.1.1 that synchronizes the topics and forums after something like that has happened. In 1.2, I will make it easier to get rid of massive spam like that.

Edit. If you do decide to upgrade, please remember that you must do it in steps. First 1.1 and then 1.1.1. You can skip 1.0.1.

For the 25th time, PunBB does not "synchronize" the post counter with the actual number of posts in the database. The post counter represents the total number of posts the user has made.

Have a look at the front page or the download page for a complete list of changes.