Topic: a few problems

1. In moderate.php there are two hooks that exist twice:
mr_qr_delete_topics
mr_qr_get_topic_info
I was assuming you are going to add a 2 behind the second one, so that did it for me, but it would be nice to change that in the source wink

2. You can (un)subscribe to topics that don't exist. Maybe there should be a query that tests for that...

3. In search.php there are a few queries (I think the ones for fulltext search) not easily editable (somewhere around line 415

4. Also search.php: There are different sections for the value of the variable $show_as, but you can't add a new one. A new hook would be nice, but the last section would have to be changed from else to else if.

5. Still search.php: line 512: It says, ORDER BY p.id although p.id does not exist in that query...

6. In common_admin.php: the function generate_admin_menu (or something like that), there are hooks but if you create something for those hooks it complains about the variable $base_url unknown. Making $base_url global in that function solves the problem for me. (That would obviously have to be done in other functions containing hooks, too...)

Is there a quick guide on how to create extensions with extra pages yet?

FluxBB - v1.4.8

2 (edited by Smartys 2008-02-03 15:26)

Re: a few problems

1. One was already fixed in SVN and I'm fixing the other (and adding 2 was not the fix, the hooks were incorrectly named)
2. Just for subscribing, since if you can't subscribe to a topic that doesn't exist you can't unsubscribe from a topic that doesn't exist. But working on a fix as we speak.
3. Makes sense, those are some of the most complex queries and they don't play nicely with query builder. If you have a suggestion for dealing with them, cool. If you just want a hook, post in the hook requests sticky, I don't see a reason why we can't have one.
4. Can you give me an example of when you would want to add a new show as value?
5. I'm fixing in SVN
6. Already fixed in SVN

Edit: and done smile

Smartys wrote:

you can't unsubscribe from a topic that doesn't exist.

If the thread is deleted, the subscriptions are deleted too?

Yes
Of course, that only matters from the point of view of database cleanliness. If a topic doesn't exist you can't get any subscription emails. However, PunBB doesn't orphan any subscription information.

Smartys wrote:

4. Can you give me an example of when you would want to add a new show as value?

I think when a mod like the pm mod would add the function to search through your pm's, there would just be a new option in search.php - so there you have your example...

Smartys wrote:

Edit: and done

cool

FluxBB - v1.4.8

I think there is also a bug in moderate.php with the array $posts (around line 167) - well, it doesn't work for me...

FluxBB - v1.4.8

lie: The PM mod would have its own search code, since otherwise it would have to rewrite every bit of backend code in search.php
And you need to be more specific if you're having issues, "it doesn't work" doesn't give me anything to test.

Well, it just doesn't work. I think it did not fill in the right topic numbers. I did a similar error with one of my mods because I put the number of the topic as index in the array, and not as value (for the checkbox)...
I will try again and post the query that failed (if it still does)...

By the way, where can I download the latest revision (as a complete package)? I just don't find a link for something like that. Is the link in the post by Rickard up to date?

FluxBB - v1.4.8

lie2815 wrote:

By the way, where can I download the latest revision (as a complete package)? I just don't find a link for something like that. Is the link in the post by Rickard up to date?

Never mind, found it...

FluxBB - v1.4.8