1 (edited by MattF 2008-02-05 06:52)

Topic: Extern.php

Not sure if it's been mentioned already, but you have this in extern.php:

echo "\t\t\t".'<author>dummy@email.com ('.htmlspecialchars($feed['items'][$i]['author']).')</author>'."\r\n";

Re: Extern.php

According to the RSS 2.0 standard, the author field should include an e-mail address. However, we don't want to display the user's actual e-mail address. Hence, the dummy address. Not sure if it's the behaviour you're referring to of if it's just the fact that it should be example.com.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Wouldn't it be better to check the users table for the email revealing option?

elbekko wrote:

Wouldn't it be better to check the users table for the email revealing option?

No because the option in the user table sets whether the e-mail is revealed to other registered users, not to everyone (as in guests reading the feed).

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Either or both. big_smile It obviously should be example.com if it's to remain. It seems more appropriate to just drop the element rather than provide it and use a dummy address, however, even if the real name is legit.

Just on a side note, isn't the <atom:link field also required in RSS headers now to make it technically valid? Last time I used the RSS validator it was classed as a required element.

I see. Fair enough smile

Rickard wrote:

According to the RSS 2.0 standard

There is such a thing? Since when? Where?

Jérémie wrote:
Rickard wrote:

According to the RSS 2.0 standard

There is such a thing? Since when? Where?

Oh please. The "RSS 2.0 Specification" then. Better?