Topic: important question

if i started a community now with punbb 1.3 beta and the final release is released ... then can u update from beta to final ...

and when is the next beta or may be final release will come ... i mean are we a little close or still far away

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!

2 (edited by kierownik 2008-03-09 23:29)

Re: important question

I think that the updat would be easy, just upload all the files. Because we do not need to change any of the files we can safely replace the files.
I think smile

i am not worried about the files ... its the database ... i dont know how it works ... never had experience but i know its broks very easily ... and also the (db_update.php) file is a little different .. i wonder if it only add data ... or remove its too ...

any way i dont trust that file ...

db_update.php should be able to take your database up to the current revision level.
That being said, you should not be using beta software in a production environment.

can i know why .... i mean the software is updated and i update it too .. so whats the problem if i used it ...

Because it is beta software.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betaware
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_version#Beta

thats not that much ... this dosent give me a good reason not to use the beta .. will update it when the new release comes

Fine, just don't make any modifications yourself, apply any extensions or spend any time playing with the stylesheet because updates might come along which will trash all your work.

Paul wrote:

Fine, just don't make any modifications yourself, apply any extensions or spend any time playing with the stylesheet because updates might come along which will trash all your work.

oh dont worry about that ... extensions can be removed very easily ... and there is no one making styles and i dont know much about css ...

by the way ... are we close to the next beta or may be final release ... because i am tired of all this waiting ...

SuperMAG wrote:
Paul wrote:

oh dont worry about that ... extensions can be removed very easily ... and there is no one making styles and i dont know much about css ...

by the way ... are we close to the next beta or may be final release ... because i am tired of all this waiting ...

Pardon??

"extensions can be removed very easily " Not so much about them being removed but if a new way of doing something comes, then you have to update the mod..

"are we close" Sorry i dont see you working your ass off the do work on punbb.

"because i am tired of all this waiting" I dont think you have a say in how long it is going to take. You have to put up with the wait, we have had to wait ages for a 1.3 beta, its been less than 1 month.

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

matt1298 wrote:
SuperMAG wrote:
Paul wrote:

Pardon??

"extensions can be removed very easily " Not so much about them being removed but if a new way of doing something comes, then you have to update the mod..

"are we close" Sorry i dont see you working your ass off the do work on punbb.

"because i am tired of all this waiting" I dont think you have a say in how long it is going to take. You have to put up with the wait, we have had to wait ages for a 1.3 beta, its been less than 1 month.

ooo ... i see some one not in good mood ... it was just a question buddy ...

Not liking your attitude more like.. your "question" came across quite negative...

Sorry if mind felt offensive but you seem to give the Dev team a hard time

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

Yes, it was a question. It was also a question that was phrased in a fairly rude and obnoxious manner, which is why matt reacted the way he did. wink

Smartys wrote:

Yes, it was a question. It was also a question that was phrased in a fairly rude and obnoxious manner, which is why matt reacted the way he did. wink

oh then sorry for bieng rude ... but i didnt know what was rude about it ... though i am new to english ... so sorry if any one got upset ...

Well then, what was rude about it was the way it was phrased. It was phrased as if the developers were being remiss in their duties and as if you were entitled to make demands of them, neither of which are true. A better way to phrase it is "How close are we to a new beta or a final release"

Smartys wrote:

Well then, what was rude about it was the way it was phrased. It was phrased as if the developers were being remiss in their duties and as if you were entitled to make demands of them, neither of which are true. A better way to phrase it is "How close are we to a new beta or a final release"

guys be a little (what they ..... i forgot the word)

any way

How close are we to a new beta or a final release

I play the game World of warcraft, and blizzard (the makers) always say "soon", so as a joke someone made a funny, fake wiki page about the word "soon".

soo all i have to say is... Punbb will be out Soon  tongue

Valve has a funnier page tongue
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time