Topic: Change registration form

Hello,

I've seen various topics regarding this in the forums, but I've been searching for 3 days and can't find exactly what I am looking for.

What I would like is to change the registration form so that all of the info that can be found in the profile pages, can be added to the registration page.  I feel that if there was a way to input that information while they were registering they would be more likely to do so.

I don't necessarily need all of this to be required for registration though.  But one problem we are running in to is since there isn't an administrator approval module built-in we have to do it the ghetto way, where when they register they are added to a group that basically doesn't have any permissions, and will have to be manually assigned to a group.  This is something I am willing to work around.  The problem comes when somebody registers but there is no place to enter your real name.  When the admin gets an email telling them somebody has registered, they look at it, but if there is no name filled out, we might not know who it is. 

Basically then, in addition to the username, email, password, timezone, and privacy options, I would like it if there is a place where they enter this information:

-messenger information (MSN, AIM, Yahoo, etc)
-signature

And again, the only things that should be *required* for them to fill out being:

-username
-realname
-email
-password
-timezone
-privacy options

Now, obviously this is too hard for me to do, otherwise I would have done it myself, but I'm guessing (and hoping) that it shouldn't be extremely hard to do, since really there isn't any new fields being added to the database.  If I understand and am imagining this correctly, the only difference would be when the info is added to the database right?

If anyone has any insight into this I'd appreciate it.  I hope I can get this forum up and running the way we need it to run so I can donate some money to PunBB!!!

Re: Change registration form

Somewhere I saw something very close to this recently, it was rather nice too... can anyone remember if this is a mod (I can't find one) or who has done this, and where I can pick up on that?

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool

Okay, I found it... its at JenniferMC's (punres memeber) site...

http://www.kindred-spirits.org.uk/register.php

I will track her down and ask about it.
Cheers,

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool

I was bored. Give this a try.

#
#---------[ OPEN ]-------------------------------------------------------
#

lang/English/register.php

#
#---------[ Find ]----------------------------------------------------------
#

'Username censor'            =>    'The username you entered contains one or more censored words. Please choose a different username.',

#
#---------[ ADD BEFORE ]-------------------------------------------------------
#

'Realname censor'            =>    'The realname you entered contains one or more censored words. Please choose a different name or contact the Administrator if you feel this happened in error.',

#
#---------[ FIND ]-------------------------------------------------------
#

'Username legend'            =>    'Please enter a username between 2 and 25 characters long',

#
#---------[ ADD AFTER ]-------------------------------------------------------
#

'Realname legend'            =>    'Please enter your name',

#
#---------[ SAVE ]-------------------------------------------------------
#

Next make a backup copy of your profile.php and then replace it with

<?php
/***********************************************************************

Copyright (C) 2002-2005  Rickard Andersson (rickard@punbb.org)

This file is part of PunBB.

PunBB is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
  under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published
  by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License,
  or (at your option) any later version.

PunBB is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
  WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
  MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
  GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
  along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
  Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston,
  MA  02111-1307  USA

************************************************************************/

define('PUN_ROOT', './');
require PUN_ROOT.'include/common.php';

// If we are logged in, we shouldn't be here
if (!$pun_user['is_guest'])
{
    header('Location: index.php');
    exit;
}

// Load the register.php language file
require PUN_ROOT.'lang/'.$pun_user['language'].'/register.php';

// Load the register.php/profile.php language file
require PUN_ROOT.'lang/'.$pun_user['language'].'/prof_reg.php';

// Load the register.php/profile.php language file
require PUN_ROOT.'lang/'.$pun_user['language'].'/profile.php';

if ($pun_config['o_regs_allow'] == '0')
    message($lang_register['No new regs']);

// User pressed the cancel button
if (isset($_GET['cancel']))
    redirect('index.php', $lang_register['Reg cancel redirect']);

else if ($pun_config['o_rules'] == '1' && !isset($_GET['agree']) && !isset($_POST['form_sent']))
{
    $page_title = pun_htmlspecialchars($pun_config['o_board_title']).' / '.$lang_register['Register'];
    require PUN_ROOT.'header.php';

?>
<div class="blockform">
    <h2><span><?php echo $lang_register['Forum rules'] ?></span></h2>
    <div class="box">
        <form method="get" action="register.php">
            <div class="inform">
                <fieldset>
                    <legend><?php echo $lang_register['Rules legend'] ?></legend>
                    <div class="infldset">
                        <p><?php echo $pun_config['o_rules_message'] ?></p>
                    </div>
                </fieldset>
            </div>
            <p><input type="submit" name="agree" value="<?php echo $lang_register['Agree'] ?>" /><input type="submit" name="cancel" value="<?php echo $lang_register['Cancel'] ?>" /></p>
        </form>
    </div>
</div>
<?php

require PUN_ROOT.'footer.php';
}

else if (isset($_POST['form_sent']))
{
    // Check that someone from this IP didn't register a user within the last hour (DoS prevention)
    $result = $db->query('SELECT 1 FROM '.$db->prefix.'users WHERE registration_ip=\''.get_remote_address().'\' AND registered>'.(time() - 3600)) or error('Unable to fetch user info', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

if ($db->num_rows($result))
        message('A new user was registered with the same IP address as you within the last hour. To prevent registration flooding, at least an hour has to pass between registrations from the same IP. Sorry for the inconvenience.');

$username = pun_trim($_POST['req_username']);
    $realname = pun_trim($_POST['req_realname']);
    $jabber = pun_trim($_POST['jabber']);
    $icq = pun_trim($_POST['icq']);
    $msn = pun_trim($_POST['msn']);
    $aim = pun_trim($_POST['aim']);
    $yahoo = pun_trim($_POST['yahoo']);
    $location = pun_trim($_POST['location']);
    $url = pun_trim($_POST['url']);
    $email1 = strtolower(trim($_POST['req_email1']));

// Clean up signature from POST
    $signature = pun_linebreaks(trim($_POST['signature']));

// Validate signature
    if (pun_strlen($_POST['signature']) > $pun_config['p_sig_length'])
        message($lang_prof_reg['Sig too long'].' '.$pun_config['p_sig_length'].' '.$lang_prof_reg['characters'].'.');
    else if (substr_count($form['signature'], "\n") > ($pun_config['p_sig_lines']-1))
        message($lang_prof_reg['Sig too many lines'].' '.$pun_config['p_sig_lines'].' '.$lang_prof_reg['lines'].'.');
    else if ($_POST['signature'] && $pun_config['p_sig_all_caps'] == '0' && strtoupper($form['signature']) == $form['signature'] && $pun_user['g_id'] > PUN_MOD)
        $form['signature'] = ucwords(strtolower($_POST['signature']));

// Validate BBCode syntax
    if ($pun_config['p_sig_bbcode'] == '1' && strpos($_POST['signature'], '[') !== false && strpos($_POST['signature'], ']') !== false)
    {
        require PUN_ROOT.'include/parser.php';
        $_POST['signature'] = preparse_bbcode($_POST['signature'], $foo, true);
    }

if ($pun_config['o_regs_verify'] == '1')
    {
        $email2 = strtolower(trim($_POST['req_email2']));

$password1 = random_pass(8);
        $password2 = $password1;
    }
    else
    {
        $password1 = trim($_POST['req_password1']);
        $password2 = trim($_POST['req_password2']);
    }

// Check username for any censored words
    if ($pun_config['o_censoring'] == '1')
    {
        // If the censored realname differs from the realname
        if (censor_words($realname) != $realname)
            message($lang_register['Realname censor']);
    }

// Convert multiple whitespace characters into one (to prevent people from registering with indistinguishable usernames)
    $username = preg_replace('#\s+#s', ' ', $username);

// Validate username and passwords
    if (strlen($username) < 2)
        message($lang_prof_reg['Username too short']);
    else if (pun_strlen($username) > 25)    // This usually doesn't happen since the form element only accepts 25 characters
        message($lang_common['Bad request']);
    else if (strlen($password1) < 4)
        message($lang_prof_reg['Pass too short']);
    else if ($password1 != $password2)
        message($lang_prof_reg['Pass not match']);
    else if (!strcasecmp($username, 'Guest') || !strcasecmp($username, $lang_common['Guest']))
        message($lang_prof_reg['Username guest']);
    else if (preg_match('/[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}/', $username))
        message($lang_prof_reg['Username IP']);
    else if ((strpos($username, '[') !== false || strpos($username, ']') !== false) && strpos($username, '\'') !== false && strpos($username, '"') !== false)
        message($lang_prof_reg['Username reserved chars']);
    else if (preg_match('#\[b\]|\[/b\]|\[u\]|\[/u\]|\[i\]|\[/i\]|\[color|\[/color\]|\[quote\]|\[quote=|\[/quote\]|\[code\]|\[/code\]|\[img\]|\[/img\]|\[url|\[/url\]|\[email|\[/email\]#i', $username))
        message($lang_prof_reg['Username BBCode']);

// Check username for any censored words
    if ($pun_config['o_censoring'] == '1')
    {
        // If the censored username differs from the username
        if (censor_words($username) != $username)
            message($lang_register['Username censor']);
    }

// Check that the username (or a too similar username) is not already registered
    $result = $db->query('SELECT username FROM '.$db->prefix.'users WHERE UPPER(username)=UPPER(\''.$db->escape($username).'\') OR UPPER(username)=UPPER(\''.$db->escape(preg_replace('/[^\w]/', '', $username)).'\')') or error('Unable to fetch user info', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

{
        $busy = $db->result($result);
        message($lang_register['Username dupe 1'].' '.pun_htmlspecialchars($busy).'. '.$lang_register['Username dupe 2']);
    }

// Validate e-mail
    require PUN_ROOT.'include/email.php';

if (!is_valid_email($email1))
        message($lang_common['Invalid e-mail']);
    else if ($pun_config['o_regs_verify'] == '1' && $email1 != $email2)
        message($lang_register['E-mail not match']);

// Check it it's a banned e-mail address
    if (is_banned_email($email1))
    {
        if ($pun_config['p_allow_banned_email'] == '0')
            message($lang_prof_reg['Banned e-mail']);

$banned_email = true;    // Used later when we send an alert e-mail
    }
    else
        $banned_email = false;

// Check if someone else already has registered with that e-mail address
    $dupe_list = array();

$result = $db->query('SELECT username FROM '.$db->prefix.'users WHERE email=\''.$email1.'\'') or error('Unable to fetch user info', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
    {
        if ($pun_config['p_allow_dupe_email'] == '0')
            message($lang_prof_reg['Dupe e-mail']);

while ($cur_dupe = $db->fetch_assoc($result))
            $dupe_list[] = $cur_dupe['username'];
    }

// Make sure we got a valid language string
    if (isset($_POST['language']))
    {
        $language = preg_replace('#[\.\\\/]#', '', $_POST['language']);
        if (!file_exists(PUN_ROOT.'lang/'.$language.'/common.php'))
                message($lang_common['Bad request']);
    }
    else
        $language = $pun_config['o_default_lang'];

$timezone = intval($_POST['timezone']);
    $save_pass = (!isset($_POST['save_pass']) || $_POST['save_pass'] != '1') ? '0' : '1';

$email_setting = intval($_POST['email_setting']);
    if ($email_setting < 0 || $email_setting > 2) $email_setting = 1;

// Insert the new user into the database. We do this now to get the last inserted id for later use.
    $now = time();

$intial_group_id = ($pun_config['o_regs_verify'] == '0') ? $pun_config['o_default_user_group'] : PUN_UNVERIFIED;
    $password_hash = pun_hash($password1);

// Add the user
    $db->query('INSERT INTO '.$db->prefix.'users (username, realname, group_id, password, email, email_setting, save_pass, timezone, language, style, registered, registration_ip, last_visit, jabber, icq, msn, aim, yahoo, location, url, signature) VALUES(\''.$db->escape($username).'\', \''.$realname.'\', '.$intial_group_id.', \''.$password_hash.'\', \''.$email1.'\', '.$email_setting.', '.$save_pass.', '.$timezone.' , \''.$db->escape($language).'\', \''.$pun_config['o_default_style'].'\', '.$now.', \''.get_remote_address().'\', '.$now.', \''.$jabber.'\', \''.$icq.'\', \''.$msn.'\', \''.$aim.'\', \''.$yahoo.'\', \''.$location.'\', \''.$url.'\', \''.$signature.'\')') or error('Unable to create user', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
    $new_uid = $db->insert_id();

// If we previously found out that the e-mail was banned
    if ($banned_email && $pun_config['o_mailing_list'] != '')
    {
        $mail_subject = 'Alert - Banned e-mail detected';
        $mail_message = 'User \''.$username.'\' registered with banned e-mail address: '.$email1."\n\n".'User profile: '.$pun_config['o_base_url'].'/profile.php?id='.$new_uid."\n\n".'-- '."\n".'Forum Mailer'."\n".'(Do not reply to this message)';

pun_mail($pun_config['o_mailing_list'], $mail_subject, $mail_message);
    }

// If we previously found out that the e-mail was a dupe
    if (!empty($dupe_list) && $pun_config['o_mailing_list'] != '')
    {
        $mail_subject = 'Alert - Duplicate e-mail detected';
        $mail_message = 'User \''.$username.'\' registered with an e-mail address that also belongs to: '.implode(', ', $dupe_list)."\n\n".'User profile: '.$pun_config['o_base_url'].'/profile.php?id='.$new_uid."\n\n".'-- '."\n".'Forum Mailer'."\n".'(Do not reply to this message)';

}

// Should we alert people on the admin mailing list that a new user has registered?
    if ($pun_config['o_regs_report'] == '1')
    {
        $mail_subject = 'Alert - New registration';
        $mail_message = 'User \''.$username.'\' registered in the forums at '.$pun_config['o_base_url']."\n\n".'User profile: '.$pun_config['o_base_url'].'/profile.php?id='.$new_uid."\n\n".'-- '."\n".'Forum Mailer'."\n".'(Do not reply to this message)';

}

// Must the user verify the registration or do we log him/her in right now?
    if ($pun_config['o_regs_verify'] == '1')
    {
        // Load the "welcome" template
        $mail_tpl = trim(file_get_contents(PUN_ROOT.'lang/'.$pun_user['language'].'/mail_templates/welcome.tpl'));

// The first row contains the subject
        $first_crlf = strpos($mail_tpl, "\n");
        $mail_subject = trim(substr($mail_tpl, 8, $first_crlf-8));
        $mail_message = trim(substr($mail_tpl, $first_crlf));

$mail_subject = str_replace('<board_title>', $pun_config['o_board_title'], $mail_subject);
        $mail_message = str_replace('<base_url>', $pun_config['o_base_url'].'/', $mail_message);
        $mail_message = str_replace('<username>', $username, $mail_message);
        $mail_message = str_replace('<password>', $password1, $mail_message);
        $mail_message = str_replace('<login_url>', $pun_config['o_base_url'].'/login.php', $mail_message);
        $mail_message = str_replace('<board_mailer>', $pun_config['o_board_title'].' '.$lang_common['Mailer'], $mail_message);

pun_mail($email1, $mail_subject, $mail_message);

message($lang_register['Reg e-mail'].' <a href="mailto:'.$pun_config['o_admin_email'].'">'.$pun_config['o_admin_email'].'</a>.', true);
    }

pun_setcookie($new_uid, $password_hash, ($save_pass != '0') ? $now + 31536000 : 0);

redirect('index.php', $lang_register['Reg complete']);
}

$page_title = pun_htmlspecialchars($pun_config['o_board_title']).' / '.$lang_register['Register'];
$required_fields = array('req_username' => $lang_common['Username'], 'req_realname' => $lang_common['Realname'], 'req_password1' => $lang_common['Password'], 'req_password2' => $lang_prof_reg['Confirm pass'], 'req_email1' => $lang_common['E-mail'], 'req_email2' => $lang_common['E-mail'].' 2');
$focus_element = array('register', 'req_username');
require PUN_ROOT.'header.php';

?>
<div class="blockform">
    <h2><span><?php echo $lang_register['Register'] ?></span></h2>
    <div class="box">
        <form id="register" method="post" action="register.php?action=register" onsubmit="this.register.disabled=true;if(process_form(this)){return true;}else{this.register.disabled=false;return false;}">
            <div class="inform">
                <div class="forminfo">
                    <h3><?php echo $lang_common['Important information'] ?></h3>
                    <p><?php echo $lang_register['Desc 1'] ?></p>
                    <p><?php echo $lang_register['Desc 2'] ?></p>
                </div>
                <fieldset>
                    <legend><?php echo $lang_register['Username legend'] ?></legend>
                    <div class="infldset">
                        <input type="hidden" name="form_sent" value="1" />
                        <label><strong><?php echo $lang_common['Username'] ?></strong><br /><input type="text" name="req_username" size="25" maxlength="25" /><br /></label>
                    </div>
                </fieldset>
            </div>
            <div class="inform">
                <fieldset>
                    <legend><?php echo $lang_register['Realname legend'] ?></legend>
                    <div class="inform">
                        <label><strong><?php echo $lang_profile['Realname'] ?></strong><br /><input type="text" name="req_realname" size="25" maxlength="25" /><br /></label>
                    </div>
                </fieldset>
            </div>            
            <?php if ($pun_config['o_regs_verify'] == '0'): ?>            <div class="inform">
                <fieldset>
                    <legend><?php echo $lang_register['Pass legend 1'] ?></legend>
                    <div class="infldset">
                        <label class="conl"><strong><?php echo $lang_common['Password'] ?></strong><br /><input type="password" name="req_password1" size="16" maxlength="16" /><br /></label>
                        <label class="conl"><strong><?php echo $lang_prof_reg['Confirm pass'] ?></strong><br /><input type="password" name="req_password2" size="16" maxlength="16" /><br /></label>
                        <p class="clearb"><?php echo $lang_register['Pass info'] ?></p>
                    </div>
                </fieldset>
            </div>
<?php endif; ?>            <div class="inform">
                <fieldset>
                    <legend><?php echo ($pun_config['o_regs_verify'] == '1') ? $lang_prof_reg['E-mail legend 2'] : $lang_prof_reg['E-mail legend'] ?></legend>
                    <div class="infldset">
<?php if ($pun_config['o_regs_verify'] == '1'): ?>            <p><?php echo $lang_register['E-mail info'] ?></p>
<?php endif; ?>                    <label><strong><?php echo $lang_common['E-mail'] ?></strong><br />
                        <input type="text" name="req_email1" size="50" maxlength="50" /><br /></label>
<?php if ($pun_config['o_regs_verify'] == '1'): ?>                        <label><strong><?php echo $lang_register['Confirm e-mail'] ?></strong><br />
                        <input type="text" name="req_email2" size="50" maxlength="50" /><br /></label>
<?php endif; ?>                    </div>
                </fieldset>
            </div>
            <div class="inform">
                <fieldset>
                    <legend><?php echo $lang_prof_reg['Localisation legend'] ?></legend>
                    <div class="infldset">
                        <label><?php echo $lang_prof_reg['Timezone'] ?>: <?php echo $lang_prof_reg['Timezone info'] ?>
                        <br /><select id="time_zone" name="timezone">
                            <option value="-12"<?php if ($pun_config['o_server_timezone'] == -12 ) echo ' selected="selected"' ?>>-12</option>
                            <option value="-11"<?php if ($pun_config['o_server_timezone'] == -11) echo ' selected="selected"' ?>>-11</option>
                            <option value="-10"<?php if ($pun_config['o_server_timezone'] == -10) echo ' selected="selected"' ?>>-10</option>
                            <option value="-9.5"<?php if ($pun_config['o_server_timezone'] == -9.5) echo ' selected="selected"' ?>>-9.5</option>
                            <option value="-9"<?php if ($pun_config['o_server_timezone'] == -9 ) echo ' selected="selected"' ?>>-09</option>
                            <option value="-8.5"<?php if ($pun_config['o_server_timezone'] == -8.5) echo ' selected="selected"' ?>>-8.5</option>
                            <option value="-8"<?php if ($pun_config['o_server_timezone'] == -8 ) echo ' selected="selected"' ?>>-08 PST</option>
                            <option value="-7"<?php if ($pun_config['o_server_timezone'] == -7 ) echo ' selected="selected"' ?>>-07 MST</option>
                            <option value="-6"<?php if ($pun_config['o_server_timezone'] == -6 ) echo ' selected="selected"' ?>>-06 CST</option>
                            <option value="-5"<?php if ($pun_config['o_server_timezone'] == -5 ) echo ' selected="selected"' ?>>-05 EST</option>
                            <option value="-4"<?php if ($pun_config['o_server_timezone'] == -4 ) echo ' selected="selected"' ?>>-04 AST</option>
                            <option value="-3.5"<?php if ($pun_config['o_server_timezone'] == -3.5) echo ' selected="selected"' ?>>-3.5</option>
                            <option value="-3"<?php if ($pun_config['o_server_timezone'] == -3 ) echo ' selected="selected"' ?>>-03 ADT</option>
                            <option value="-2"<?php if ($pun_config['o_server_timezone'] == -2 ) echo ' selected="selected"' ?>>-02</option>
                            <option value="-1"<?php if ($pun_config['o_server_timezone'] == -1) echo ' selected="selected"' ?>>-01</option>
                            <option value="0"<?php if ($pun_config['o_server_timezone'] == 0) echo ' selected="selected"' ?>>00 GMT</option>
                            <option value="1"<?php if ($pun_config['o_server_timezone'] == 1) echo ' selected="selected"' ?>>+01 CET</option>
                            <option value="2"<?php if ($pun_config['o_server_timezone'] == 2 ) echo ' selected="selected"' ?>>+02</option>
                            <option value="3"<?php if ($pun_config['o_server_timezone'] == 3 ) echo ' selected="selected"' ?>>+03</option>
                            <option value="3.5"<?php if ($pun_config['o_server_timezone'] == 3.5 ) echo ' selected="selected"' ?>>+03.5</option>
                            <option value="4"<?php if ($pun_config['o_server_timezone'] == 4 ) echo ' selected="selected"' ?>>+04</option>
                            <option value="4.5"<?php if ($pun_config['o_server_timezone'] == 4.5 ) echo ' selected="selected"' ?>>+04.5</option>
                            <option value="5"<?php if ($pun_config['o_server_timezone'] == 5 ) echo ' selected="selected"' ?>>+05</option>
                            <option value="5.5"<?php if ($pun_config['o_server_timezone'] == 5.5 ) echo ' selected="selected"' ?>>+05.5</option>
                            <option value="6"<?php if ($pun_config['o_server_timezone'] == 6 ) echo ' selected="selected"' ?>>+06</option>
                            <option value="6.5"<?php if ($pun_config['o_server_timezone'] == 6.5 ) echo ' selected="selected"' ?>>+06.5</option>
                            <option value="7"<?php if ($pun_config['o_server_timezone'] == 7 ) echo ' selected="selected"' ?>>+07</option>
                            <option value="8"<?php if ($pun_config['o_server_timezone'] == 8 ) echo ' selected="selected"' ?>>+08</option>
                            <option value="9"<?php if ($pun_config['o_server_timezone'] == 9 ) echo ' selected="selected"' ?>>+09</option>
                            <option value="9.5"<?php if ($pun_config['o_server_timezone'] == 9.5 ) echo ' selected="selected"' ?>>+09.5</option>
                            <option value="10"<?php if ($pun_config['o_server_timezone'] == 10) echo ' selected="selected"' ?>>+10</option>
                            <option value="10.5"<?php if ($pun_config['o_server_timezone'] == 10.5 ) echo ' selected="selected"' ?>>+10.5</option>
                            <option value="11"<?php if ($pun_config['o_server_timezone'] == 11) echo ' selected="selected"' ?>>+11</option>
                            <option value="11.5"<?php if ($pun_config['o_server_timezone'] == 11.5 ) echo ' selected="selected"' ?>>+11.5</option>
                            <option value="12"<?php if ($pun_config['o_server_timezone'] == 12 ) echo ' selected="selected"' ?>>+12</option>
                            <option value="13"<?php if ($pun_config['o_server_timezone'] == 13 ) echo ' selected="selected"' ?>>+13</option>
                            <option value="14"<?php if ($pun_config['o_server_timezone'] == 14 ) echo ' selected="selected"' ?>>+14</option>
                        </select>
                        <br /></label>
<?php

$languages = array();
        $d = dir(PUN_ROOT.'lang');
        while (($entry = $d->read()) !== false)
        {
            if ($entry != '.' && $entry != '..' && is_dir(PUN_ROOT.'lang/'.$entry) && file_exists(PUN_ROOT.'lang/'.$entry.'/common.php'))
                $languages[] = $entry;
        }
        $d->close();

// Only display the language selection box if there's more than one language available
        if (count($languages) > 1)
        {

?>
                            <label><?php echo $lang_prof_reg['Language'] ?>: <?php echo $lang_prof_reg['Language info'] ?>
                            <br /><select name="language">
<?php

while (list(, $temp) = @each($languages))
            {
                if ($pun_config['o_default_lang'] == $temp)
                    echo "\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t".'<option value="'.$temp.'" selected="selected">'.$temp.'</option>'."\n";
                else
                    echo "\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t".'<option value="'.$temp.'">'.$temp.'</option>'."\n";
            }

?>
                            </select>
                            <br /></label>
<?php

}
?>
                    </div>
                </fieldset>
            </div>
            <div class="inform">
                <fieldset>
                    <legend><?php echo $lang_prof_reg['Privacy options legend'] ?></legend>
                    <div class="infldset">
                        <p><?php echo $lang_prof_reg['E-mail setting info'] ?></p>
                        <div class="rbox">
                            <label><input type="radio" name="email_setting" value="0" /><?php echo $lang_prof_reg['E-mail setting 1'] ?><br /></label>
                            <label><input type="radio" name="email_setting" value="1" checked="checked" /><?php echo $lang_prof_reg['E-mail setting 2'] ?><br /></label>
                            <label><input type="radio" name="email_setting" value="2" /><?php echo $lang_prof_reg['E-mail setting 3'] ?><br /></label>
                        </div>
                        <p><?php echo $lang_prof_reg['Save user/pass info'] ?></p>
                        <div class="rbox">
                            <label><input type="checkbox" name="save_pass" value="1" checked="checked" /><?php echo $lang_prof_reg['Save user/pass'] ?><br /></label>
                        </div>
                    </div>
                </fieldset>
            </div>
            <div class="inform">
                <fieldset>
                    <legend><?php echo $lang_register['Optional fields'] ?></legend>
                    <div class="infldset">
                        <label><strong><?php echo $lang_profile['Location'] ?></strong><br /><input type="text" name="location" size="25" maxlength="25" /><br /></label>
                        <label><strong><?php echo $lang_profile['Website'] ?></strong><br /><input type="text" name="url" size="25" maxlength="25" /><br /></label>
                        <label><strong><?php echo $lang_profile['Jabber'] ?></strong><br /><input type="text" name="jabber" size="25" maxlength="25" /><br /></label>
                        <label><strong><?php echo $lang_profile['ICQ'] ?></strong><br /><input type="text" name="icq" size="25" maxlength="25" /><br /></label>
                        <label><strong><?php echo $lang_profile['MSN'] ?></strong><br /><input type="text" name="msn" size="25" maxlength="25" /><br /></label>
                        <label><strong><?php echo $lang_profile['AOL IM'] ?></strong><br /><input type="text" name="aim" size="25" maxlength="25" /><br /></label>
                        <label><strong><?php echo $lang_profile['Yahoo'] ?></strong><br /><input type="text" name="yahoo" size="25" maxlength="25" /><br /></label>
                        <label><strong><?php echo $lang_profile['Signature legend'] ?></strong></label>
                        <label><?php echo $lang_profile['Sig max length'] ?>: <?php echo $pun_config['p_sig_length'] ?> / <?php echo $lang_profile['Sig max lines'] ?>: <?php echo $pun_config['p_sig_lines'] ?><br />
                        <textarea name="signature" rows="4" cols="65"></textarea><br /></label>
                    </div>
                    <ul class="bblinks">
                        <li><a href="help.php#bbcode" onclick="window.open(this.href); return false;"><?php echo $lang_common['BBCode'] ?></a>: <?php echo ($pun_config['p_sig_bbcode'] == '1') ? $lang_common['on'] : $lang_common['off']; ?></li>
                        <li><a href="help.php#img" onclick="window.open(this.href); return false;"><?php echo $lang_common['img tag'] ?></a>: <?php echo ($pun_config['p_sig_img_tag'] == '1') ? $lang_common['on'] : $lang_common['off']; ?></li>
                        <li><a href="help.php#smilies" onclick="window.open(this.href); return false;"><?php echo $lang_common['Smilies'] ?></a>: <?php echo ($pun_config['o_smilies_sig'] == '1') ? $lang_common['on'] : $lang_common['off']; ?></li>
                    </ul>
                </fieldset>
            </div>            

<p><input type="submit" name="register" value="<?php echo $lang_register['Register'] ?>" /></p>
        </form>
    </div>
</div>
<?php

require PUN_ROOT.'footer.php';

@soonotes: Could you point out the differences between this and the original profile.php? I'd like to include this functionality, but my profile.php is already heavily modded.

it isnt moding profile.php but moding register.php

7 (edited by jonnablaze 2008-04-01 17:45)

He's modding register.php yes, but he's replacing the entire profile.php.
See?

soonotes wrote:

Next make a backup copy of your profile.php and then replace it with

He said profile.php but meant register.php