Topic: Reports - remove without Zap

Hi, how can a report be removed, the post doesn't require Zapping but the only option I can see on the Reports page the "Zap" button. By leaving it there the "There are new reports" message is constantly displayed.

Thanks,
BrianG

Re: Reports - remove without Zap

"Zap" means to mark the report as read. Maybe zap isn't the best word. Does anyone have any suggestions?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Hi Rickard - oops! Sorry I was afraid I'd be removing/killing the actual post, thanks for the explanation.

Perhaps, "Sorted" or "Reviewed"?

BrianG

Yeah, but I think the text on the button should be the action that is performed when you click it. I.e. the submit button says "Submit" and not "Submitted" :D

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

ah ok smile how about "Done"?

...or when clicking on it you are brought to the post in question and the report is updated as having been dealt with - so maybe "Review" or "Check it out"

BrianG

What I really want is "Mark as read", but it's too long :)

Archive
File
Store

10 last archived reports
10 last filed reports
10 last stored reports

'Checked' may work (as a button, and in past tense). Easier to understand than 'Zap'

http://thesaurus.reference.com/search?c … mp;q=check smile

confirm/confirmed

I'd press the button after I'd read the post the report was based on (if it was only to flag the report was dealt with). So, as I would be coming back to the report after reviewing it, the past tense would work...

Also "Sorted" is slang here so it can be past and present wink

BrianG

Hmm, I'm not sure :) It has to be absolutely clear what the button does. It should also be clear that you definately should click it once you have read the report so that it can be removed from the "active list".

I'll leave it up to you english speaking people to decide :D

Checked checked checked checked :-).

As a button, does the trick and is elegant!

PS. Not english-speaking, sigh.

For me "Checked" or "Check" would be a button you would press to see ("check out") the reported post, not a button to mark the report as read.

14 (edited by Paul 2004-03-16 01:15)

No, Checked is right. It's past tense as in "I have checked that you checked that he checked that I had checked the check box".

It's a shorter "mark as cheked". "Mark as read" looks better, but read-read-read does not help. Coup d'etat! :-D.