Topic: Request: remind unconfirmed members

I have 3000 users in my database with group_id = 32000  i.e. unconfirmed members.

I would LOVE a mod that allows me to send of a reminder email to these members to encourage them to come back and finish their registration and re-visit my site.

Is there a mod for this yet? If not it sounds like something everyone could use.

It would need to verify unconfirmed members with a registered time longer than probably 1 week (in case new registered members just haven't gotten to finishing their registration yet)

Re: Request: remind unconfirmed members

The broadcast email plugin should do it with a bit of modification

3 (edited by mixart 2008-04-05 22:51)

It would also need to be able to generate the same welcome email with the link to verify membership so it's not as simple as just broadcasting a generic one-off email to all users.

Edited: I believe it would actually need to generate a new password and include that in the email since passwords are MD5 and can't be retrieved.

Moved to Modifications

mixart wrote:

It would also need to be able to generate the same welcome email with the link to verify membership so it's not as simple as just broadcasting a generic one-off email to all users.

That's very little extra work to accomplish, however.

Anyone interested in working on this?

I would guess it would be popular. C'mon we're all missing out on potential members - get them all back to your site to participate in your forums. It's like free advertising with a very high return rate wink

7 (edited by Smartys 2008-04-05 21:39)

[Your post was not related to this topic at all. If you want your question answered, please make a new topic for it. However, I would suggest you look in the PHP files first -Smartys]