1 (edited by ondmis 2008-04-08 14:20)

Topic: Unable to fetch category/forum list

Hi good people!

I seem to have run into a bit of trouble with my forum, from time to time, the forum stops working and displays the error message that it is "Unable to fetch category/forum list". I can't seem to find out how to fix it, and my webhost says it cannot help me/there is nothing wrong with the webhost... So I turn to you guys, I enabbled DEBUG mode and got this error message:

File: D:\www1\ondmis.dk\www\punbb\index.php
Line: 42

PunBB reported: Unable to fetch category/forum list

Database reported: Can't create/write to file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\#sql_550_0.MYD' (Errcode: 17) (Errno: 1)

After some time, the forum starts working again as if nothing was wrong, but the error message returns again later.

I hope someone can help me smile

Re: Unable to fetch category/forum list

It is not a PunBB problem, it has something to do with your MySQL server. You should try to repair the tables from phpMyAdmin or talk to your host

Thank you for your reply, yemgi!
I have tried to contact my host, but they argue that nothing is wrong on their behalf.

Could you perhaps be a bit more specific as to what course of action I am to take. I am a noob. smile

Google is your friend - search on "mysql Errcode: 17" and point your [idiot] host towards the first two results from bugs.mysql.com - eg http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=9551.

It's not likely to be anything to do with you, but everything to do with how your host has setup MySQL and the rest of the server too.

When you open phpMyadmin, , click on your database name in the left menu, it should siplay a list of the tables in the right frame.
At the bottom of the list, click on Check All then select Repair table in the dropdown list.

Tried the Repair Tables fix, it didn't work hmm

Get a better host. They're running off what looks like a home computer and obviously they don't know what they're doing.