Topic: User restrictions

Hey every1 , I'm a new but already satisfied PunBB user big_smile

Just a hour ago I installed the board on my website , and it suprised me that the installation was soooo darn easy big_smile
You did a great job in being user-frienly !

But now I have a general question regarding to the users on a forum .
I want some topics on my forum to be invisible to some users who have no business there . Is that function already implanted in the current verion of PunBB ?

If not , will it ever be a function in the near future ?

Re: User restrictions

You can mark a forum to be readable only by moderators and admins, there's a little checkbox for this in the admin forums interface.

If that doesn't do it, you can look on the EFAM Mod.

Frank H wrote:

You can mark a forum to be readable only by moderators and admins, there's a little checkbox for this in the admin forums interface.

If that doesn't do it, you can look on the EFAM Mod.

Thnx for the speedy reply . Unfortunately this is not exactly what I meant .

What I do mean is something like this :

If you're a "Lan"member you can visit the categories : Classic , News and LAN

If you're a "Work"member you can visit the categories : Classis , News and Work (but not lan for example)

Is this do-able ?

No, I'm afraid now. To do that you need user groups and PunBB only has a few set groups (i.e. guest, user, moderator and admin).

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

i suppose your trying to hid the lan forum from work members huh?  unfortunatly i was trying to do something similar.  i set the a forum as locked and mods only which made them disapear but still didnt let people i gave access to it using the efam.

still i the EFAM works great i love it.