Topic: Problems with Easy Poll / Corrupt Table in sql?

Hi,

I've recently attempted to use the easy poll mod (v1.1.3). I'm running punbb 1.2.12. I've edited the install_mod file to include this version number.

Basically, upload the install_mod.php file and run it, only to get the following error:

File: /var/www/html/board/install_mod.php
Line: 22

PunBB reported: Unable to add columns to table

Database reported: Duplicate column name 'question' (Errno: 1060)

Now, in the past, I attempted to add an other mod (possibly the + version of Easy Poll). Didnt quite work, with some of my pages not displaying. I removed and replaced the files with the originals.

Having gone back for a re-attempt, this time with the v.1.1.3 version, having had the above error, I was advised to remove any legacy tables from the sql database which I did. The error still appears.

Any ideas if its possible to somehow tidy this up and get the mod installed?

Thanks.

Re: Problems with Easy Poll / Corrupt Table in sql?

nick23 wrote:

Hi,

I've recently attempted to use the easy poll mod (v1.1.3). I'm running punbb 1.2.12. I've edited the install_mod file to include this version number.

Basically, upload the install_mod.php file and run it, only to get the following error:

File: /var/www/html/board/install_mod.php
Line: 22

PunBB reported: Unable to add columns to table

Database reported: Duplicate column name 'question' (Errno: 1060)

Now, in the past, I attempted to add an other mod (possibly the + version of Easy Poll). Didnt quite work, with some of my pages not displaying. I removed and replaced the files with the originals.

Having gone back for a re-attempt, this time with the v.1.1.3 version, having had the above error, I was advised to remove any legacy tables from the sql database which I did. The error still appears.

Any ideas if its possible to somehow tidy this up and get the mod installed?

Thanks.

this looks like you already have that column "question" in your table from your previous attempt.  You should either drop the column and re-run the install, or remove that column from the create statement in the install script.

Thats the prob though. Column has been removed but I still get the same error message.

4 (edited by Lurker.boi 2008-05-18 20:01)

are you sure you don't have more than 1 topics table (for example if you are using a prefix it would be prefixtopics table not topics?  There's not much else that message would mean.

Don't give up, though.  It took me 6 or 7 tries to get that mod to work, and finally did.

Have you installed it on pun 1.2.12?

Just wondering whether there is a admin option with this mod? In the readme file for an install (which isnt an upgrade) it doesnt say anything about using moderatepoll.

I've fixed the problem I had, uploaded all the files. The first problem I encountered was that when you clicked on a forum link, it browsed to a blank page. I think I might have worked out the problem here - however, can someone confirm this mod will defo work with my version of pun and if so - whether I need the moderatepoll file?

modereatepoll is used for the links on the viewpoll page for "delete multiple posts", "move topic", "close topic", "stick topic" which are only visible to the admin / moderator, so you don't need to do anything during the install with it, just copy it to the root.  There is an admin page plugin which lets you choose the maximum number of poll answers you can have.  it is just one file plugins folder.

I did this on 1.2.15, but it appears that it works with anything after 1.2.3

I see the problem. I dont think the readme file mentions the plugin or moderatepoll files. Anyways, about to try again. Thanks for the support.

8 (edited by nick23 2008-05-19 17:53)

Done. Polls working fine, however, it would appear threads now remain 'unread'.

Also, if you take a look here:

http://www.rumourwhores.com/board/viewforum.php?id=6

The 'author' appears under the thread title and in the thread column.

I'm guessing that this has to do with the viewforum file?

viewforum code:

************************************************************************/

define('PUN_ROOT', './');
require PUN_ROOT.'include/common.php';

if ($pun_user['g_read_board'] == '0')
    message($lang_common['No view']);

$id = isset($_GET['id']) ? intval($_GET['id']) : 0;
if ($id < 1)
    message($lang_common['Bad request']);

// Load the viewforum.php language file
require PUN_ROOT.'lang/'.$pun_user['language'].'/forum.php';

// Load poll language file
require PUN_ROOT.'lang/'.$pun_user['language'].'/polls.php';

// Fetch some info about the forum
$result = $db->query('SELECT f.forum_name, f.redirect_url, f.moderators, f.num_topics, f.sort_by, fp.post_topics FROM '.$db->prefix.'forums AS f LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'forum_perms AS fp ON (fp.forum_id=f.id AND fp.group_id='.$pun_user['g_id'].') WHERE (fp.read_forum IS NULL OR fp.read_forum=1) AND f.id='.$id) or error('Unable to fetch forum info', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());
if (!$db->num_rows($result))
    message($lang_common['Bad request']);

$cur_forum = $db->fetch_assoc($result);

// Is this a redirect forum? In that case, redirect!
if ($cur_forum['redirect_url'] != '')
{
    header('Location: '.$cur_forum['redirect_url']);
    exit;
}

// Sort out who the moderators are and if we are currently a moderator (or an admin)
$mods_array = array();
if ($cur_forum['moderators'] != '')
    $mods_array = unserialize($cur_forum['moderators']);

$is_admmod = ($pun_user['g_id'] == PUN_ADMIN || ($pun_user['g_id'] == PUN_MOD && array_key_exists($pun_user['username'], $mods_array))) ? true : false;

// Can we or can we not post new topics?
if (($cur_forum['post_topics'] == '' && $pun_user['g_post_topics'] == '1') || $cur_forum['post_topics'] == '1' || $is_admmod)
    $post_link = "\t\t".'<p class="postlink conr"><a href="post.php?fid='.$id.'">'.$lang_forum['Post topic'].'</a> <BR /> <a href="poll.php?fid='.$id.'">'.$lang_polls['New poll'].'</a></p>'."\n";
else
    $post_link = '';

// Determine the topic offset (based on $_GET['p'])
$num_pages = ceil($cur_forum['num_topics'] / $pun_user['disp_topics']);

$p = (!isset($_GET['p']) || $_GET['p'] <= 1 || $_GET['p'] > $num_pages) ? 1 : $_GET['p'];
$start_from = $pun_user['disp_topics'] * ($p - 1);

// Generate paging links
$paging_links = $lang_common['Pages'].': '.paginate($num_pages, $p, 'viewforum.php?id='.$id);

$page_title = pun_htmlspecialchars($pun_config['o_board_title'].' · '.$cur_forum['forum_name']);
define('PUN_ALLOW_INDEX', 1);
require PUN_ROOT.'header.php';

?>
<div class="linkst">
    <div class="inbox">
        <p class="pagelink conl"><?php echo $paging_links ?></p>
<?php echo $post_link ?>
        <ul><li><a href="index.php"><?php echo $lang_common['Index'] ?></a> </li><li>» <?php echo pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_forum['forum_name']) ?></li></ul>
        <div class="clearer"></div>
    </div>
</div>

<div id="vf" class="blocktable">
    <h2><span><?php echo pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_forum['forum_name']) ?></span></h2>
    <div class="box">
        <div class="inbox">
            <table cellspacing="0">
            <thead>
                <tr>
                    <th class="tc0" scope="col"> </th>
                    <th class="tcl" scope="col"><?php echo $lang_common['Topic'] ?></th>
                    <th class="tc2" scope="col"><?php echo $lang_common['Replies'] ?></th>
                    <th class="tcA" scope="col"><?php echo $lang_common['Author'] ?></th>
                    <th class="tc3" scope="col"><?php echo $lang_forum['Views'] ?></th>
                    <th class="tcr" scope="col"><?php echo $lang_common['Last post'] ?></th>
                </tr>
            </thead>
            <tbody>
<?php

// Fetch list of topics to display on this page
if ($pun_user['is_guest'] || $pun_config['o_show_dot'] == '0')
{
    // Without "the dot"
    $sql = 'SELECT id, poster, subject, posted, last_post, last_post_id, last_poster, num_views, num_replies, closed, sticky, moved_to, question FROM '.$db->prefix.'topics WHERE forum_id='.$id.' ORDER BY sticky DESC, '.(($cur_forum['sort_by'] == '1') ? 'posted' : 'last_post').' DESC LIMIT '.$start_from.', '.$pun_user['disp_topics'];
}
else
{
    // With "the dot"
    switch ($db_type)
    {
        case 'mysql':
        case 'mysqli':
            $sql = 'SELECT p.poster_id AS has_posted, t.id, t.subject, t.poster, t.posted, t.last_post, t.last_post_id, t.last_poster, t.num_views, t.num_replies, t.closed, t.sticky, t.moved_to FROM '.$db->prefix.'topics AS t LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'posts AS p ON t.id=p.topic_id AND p.poster_id='.$pun_user['id'].' WHERE t.forum_id='.$id.' GROUP BY t.id ORDER BY sticky DESC, '.(($cur_forum['sort_by'] == '1') ? 'posted' : 'last_post').' DESC LIMIT '.$start_from.', '.$pun_user['disp_topics'];
            break;

case 'sqlite':
            $sql = 'SELECT p.poster_id AS has_posted, t.id, t.subject, t.poster, t.posted, t.last_post, t.last_post_id, t.last_poster, t.num_views, t.num_replies, t.closed, t.sticky, t.moved_to FROM '.$db->prefix.'topics AS t LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'posts AS p ON t.id=p.topic_id AND p.poster_id='.$pun_user['id'].' WHERE t.id IN(SELECT id FROM '.$db->prefix.'topics WHERE forum_id='.$id.' ORDER BY sticky DESC, '.(($cur_forum['sort_by'] == '1') ? 'posted' : 'last_post').' DESC LIMIT '.$start_from.', '.$pun_user['disp_topics'].') GROUP BY t.id ORDER BY t.sticky DESC, t.last_post DESC';
            break;

default:
            $sql = 'SELECT p.poster_id AS has_posted, t.id, t.subject, t.poster, t.posted, t.last_post, t.last_post_id, t.last_poster, t.num_views, t.num_replies, t.closed, t.sticky, t.moved_to FROM '.$db->prefix.'topics AS t LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'posts AS p ON t.id=p.topic_id AND p.poster_id='.$pun_user['id'].' WHERE t.forum_id='.$id.' GROUP BY t.id, t.subject, t.poster, t.posted, t.last_post, t.last_post_id, t.last_poster, t.num_views, t.num_replies, t.closed, t.sticky, t.moved_to, p.poster_id ORDER BY sticky DESC, '.(($cur_forum['sort_by'] == '1') ? 'posted' : 'last_post').' DESC LIMIT '.$start_from.', '.$pun_user['disp_topics'];
            break;

}
}

$result = $db->query($sql) or error('Unable to fetch topic list', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

// If there are topics in this forum.
if ($db->num_rows($result))
{
    while ($cur_topic = $db->fetch_assoc($result))
    {
        $icon_text = $lang_common['Normal icon'];
        $item_status = '';
        $icon_type = 'icon';
        $author = pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['poster']);

if ($cur_topic['moved_to'] == null)
            $last_post = '<a href="viewtopic.php?pid='.$cur_topic['last_post_id'].'#p'.$cur_topic['last_post_id'].'">'.format_time($cur_topic['last_post']).'</a><br /><span class="byuser">'.$lang_common['by'].' '.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['last_poster']).'</span>';
        else
            $last_post = ' ';

if ($pun_config['o_censoring'] == '1')
            $cur_topic['subject'] = censor_words($cur_topic['subject']);

if ($cur_topic['question'] != '') {
            if ($pun_config['o_censoring'] == '1')
                $cur_topic['question'] = censor_words($cur_topic['question']);

if ($cur_topic['moved_to'] != 0)
                $subject = $lang_forum['Moved'].': '.$lang_polls['Poll'].': <a href="viewpoll.php?id='.$cur_topic['moved_to'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['question']).'</a><br /> <span class="byuser"><b>'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['subject']).'</b> '.$lang_common['by'].' '.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['poster']).'</span>';
            else if ($cur_topic['closed'] == '0')
                $subject = $lang_polls['Poll'].': <a href="viewpoll.php?id='.$cur_topic['id'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['question']).'</a><br \> <span class="byuser"><b>'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['subject']).'</b> '.$lang_common['by'].' '.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['poster']).'</span>';
            else
            {
                $subject = $lang_polls['Poll'].': <a href="viewpoll.php?id='.$cur_topic['id'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['question']).'</a><br /> <span class="byuser"><b>'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['subject']).'</b> '.$lang_common['by'].' '.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['poster']).'</span>';
                $icon_text = $lang_common['Closed icon'];
                $item_status = 'iclosed';
            }

// MOD: MARK TOPICS AS READ - 1 LINE MODIFIED CODE FOLLOWS
        if (!$pun_user['is_guest'] && topic_is_new($cur_topic['id'], $id,  $cur_topic['last_post']) && $cur_topic['moved_to'] == null)

{
                $icon_text .= ' '.$lang_common['New icon'];
                $item_status .= ' inew';
                $icon_type = 'icon inew';

$subject = '<strong>'.$subject.'</strong>';
                $subject_new_posts = '<span class="newtext">[ <a href="viewpoll.php?id='.$cur_topic['id'].'&action=new" title="'.$lang_common['New posts info'].'">'.$lang_common['New posts'].'</a> ]</span>';
            }
            else
                $subject_new_posts = null;

// Should we display the dot or not? smile
            if (!$pun_user['is_guest'] && $pun_config['o_show_dot'] == '1')
            {
                if ($cur_topic['has_posted'] == $pun_user['id'])
                    $subject = '<strong>·</strong> '.$subject;
                else
                    $subject = '  '.$subject;
            }
        } else {
            if ($cur_topic['moved_to'] != 0)
                $subject = $lang_forum['Moved'].': <a href="viewtopic.php?id='.$cur_topic['moved_to'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['subject']).'</a> <span class="byuser">'.$lang_common['by'].' '.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['poster']).'</span>';
            else if ($cur_topic['closed'] == '0')
                $subject = '<a href="viewtopic.php?id='.$cur_topic['id'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['subject']).'</a> <span class="byuser">'.$lang_common['by'].' '.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['poster']).'</span>';
            else
            {
                $subject = '<a href="viewtopic.php?id='.$cur_topic['id'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['subject']).'</a> <span class="byuser">'.$lang_common['by'].' '.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['poster']).'</span>';
                $icon_text = $lang_common['Closed icon'];
                $item_status = 'iclosed';

}

if (!$pun_user['is_guest'] && $cur_topic['last_post'] > $pun_user['last_visit'] && $cur_topic['moved_to'] == null)
            {
                $icon_text .= ' '.$lang_common['New icon'];
                $item_status .= ' inew';
                $icon_type = 'icon inew';

$subject = '<strong>'.$subject.'</strong>';
                $subject_new_posts = '<span class="newtext">[ <a href="viewtopic.php?id='.$cur_topic['id'].'&action=new" title="'.$lang_common['New posts info'].'">'.$lang_common['New posts'].'</a> ]</span>';
            }
            else
                $subject_new_posts = null;

// Should we display the dot or not? smile
            if (!$pun_user['is_guest'] && $pun_config['o_show_dot'] == '1')
            {
                if ($cur_topic['has_posted'] == $pun_user['id'])
                    $subject = '<strong>·</strong> '.$subject;
                else
                    $subject = '  '.$subject;
            }
        }

if ($cur_topic['sticky'] == '1')
        {
            $subject = '<span class="stickytext">'.$lang_forum['Sticky'].': </span>'.$subject;
            $item_status .= ' isticky';
            $icon_text .= ' '.$lang_forum['Sticky'];
        }

$num_pages_topic = ceil(($cur_topic['num_replies'] + 1) / $pun_user['disp_posts']);

if ($num_pages_topic > 1)
        {
            if ($cur_topic['question'] != '')
                $subject_multipage = '[ '.paginate($num_pages_topic, -1, 'viewpoll.php?id='.$cur_topic['id']).' ]';
            else
                $subject_multipage = '[ '.paginate($num_pages_topic, -1, 'viewtopic.php?id='.$cur_topic['id']).' ]';
        }
        else
            $subject_multipage = null;

// Should we show the "New posts" and/or the multipage links?
        if (!empty($subject_new_posts) || !empty($subject_multipage))
        {
            $subject .= '  '.(!empty($subject_new_posts) ? $subject_new_posts : '');
            $subject .= !empty($subject_multipage) ? ' '.$subject_multipage : '';
        }

?>
                <tr<?php if ($item_status != '') echo ' class="'.trim($item_status).'"'; ?>>
                    <td class="tc0"> </td>
                    <td class="tcl">
                        <div class="intd">
                            <div class="<?php echo $icon_type ?>"><div class="nosize"><?php echo trim($icon_text) ?></div></div>
                            <div class="tclcon">
                                <?php echo $subject."\n" ?>
                            </div>
                        </div>
                    </td>
                    <td class="tc2"><?php echo ($cur_topic['moved_to'] == null) ? $cur_topic['num_replies'] : ' ' ?></td>
                    <td class="tcA"><?php echo ($cur_topic['moved_to'] == null) ? $author : ' ' ?></td>
                    <td class="tc3"><?php echo ($cur_topic['moved_to'] == null) ? $cur_topic['num_views'] : ' ' ?></td>
                    <td class="tcr"><?php echo $last_post ?></td>
                </tr>
<?php

}
}
else
{

?>
                <tr>
                    <td class="tcl" colspan="5"><?php echo $lang_forum['Empty forum'] ?></td>
                </tr>
<?php

}

?>
            </tbody>
            </table>
        </div>
    </div>
</div>

<div class="linksb">
    <div class="inbox">
        <p class="pagelink conl"><?php echo $paging_links ?></p>
<?php echo $post_link ?>
        <ul><li><a href="index.php"><?php echo $lang_common['Index'] ?></a> </li><li>» <?php echo pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_forum['forum_name']) ?></li></ul>
        <div class="clearer"></div>
    </div>
</div>
<?php

$forum_id = $id;
$footer_style = 'viewforum';
require PUN_ROOT.'footer.php';

the "by author" in the topic column is default punbb behavior.  If you applied a mod to add that author column, it must've had instructions on removing that code from that page, so you'll want to find that in the mod instructions.  Or if you coded it yourself, you'll have to play with the code in the <span class="byuser"> sections.

1) Threads remaining unread, even when read
2) Author appearing under thread title
3) Show new posts since last visit doesn't work

Will have to revisit this.

cheers,