Topic: 1.3 Beta Rewrite

So i'm using the Rewrite function on File_based.

Firstly is anyone aware what the difference between File_based and File_based(Fancy) is?

Oh also i was wondering if anyone knows anything about choosing a custom file extension for the File_based rewrite.

For example:
File_based rewrite default output:
http://www.yoursite.com/punbb/forum1.html

File_based rewrite custom output:
http://www.yoursite.com/punbb/forum1.msf

Don't ask why i want it like that, i just do tongue If anyone knows how to let me know!

Love, HOLLYWOOD.

2 (edited by HOLLYWOOD 2008-06-06 03:27)

Re: 1.3 Beta Rewrite

I edited my rewrite_rules.php and it now looks like this

<?php
/***********************************************************************

Copyright (C) 2002-2008  PunBB.org

This file is part of PunBB.

PunBB is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
  under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published
  by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License,
  or (at your option) any later version.

PunBB is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
  WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
  MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
  GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
  along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
  Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston,
  MA  02111-1307  USA

************************************************************************/

$pun_rewrite_rules = array(
    '/^topic[\/_-]?([0-9]+).*(new|last)[\/_-]?(post)?s?(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                                                    =>    'viewtopic.php?id=$1&action=$2',
    '/^post[\/_-]?([0-9]+)(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                                                                                    =>    'viewtopic.php?pid=$1',
    '/^(forum|topic)[\/_-]?([0-9]+).*[\/_-]p(age)?[\/_-]?([0-9]+)(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                                            =>    'view$1.php?id=$2&p=$4',
    '/^(f|t)(orum|opic)[\/_-]?([0-9]+)[\/_-](rss|atom)(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                                                        =>    'extern.php?action=feed&$1id=$3&type=$4',
    '/^(forum|topic)[\/_-]?([0-9]+).*(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                                                                        =>    'view$1.php?id=$2',
    '/^new[\/_-]?reply[\/_-]?([0-9]+)(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                                                                        =>    'post.php?tid=$1',
    '/^new[\/_-]?reply[\/_-]?([0-9]+)[\/_-]?quote[\/_-]?([0-9]+)(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                                            =>    'post.php?tid=$1&qid=$2',
    '/^new[\/_-]?topic[\/_-]?([0-9]+)(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                                                                        =>    'post.php?fid=$1',
    '/^(delete|edit)[\/_-]?([0-9]+)(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                                                                        =>    '$1.php?id=$2',
    '/^(login|search|register)(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                                                                                =>    '$1.php',
    '/^logout[\/_-]?([0-9]+)[\/_-]([a-z0-9]+)(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                                                                =>    'login.php?action=out&id=$1&csrf_token=$2',
    '/^request[\/_-]?password(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                                                                                =>    'login.php?action=forget',
    '/^user[\/_-]?([0-9]+)(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                                                                                    =>    'profile.php?id=$1',
    '/^user[\/_-]?([0-9]+)[\/_-]?([a-z]+)(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                                                                    =>    'profile.php?section=$2&id=$1',
    '/^(change|delete|upload)[\/_-]?(email|pass|avatar|user)(word)?[\/_-]?([0-9]+)(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                            =>    'profile.php?action=$1_$2&id=$4',
    '/^change[\/_-]?(email|pass)(word)?[\/_-]?([0-9]+)[\/_-]([a-zA-Z0-9]+)(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                                    =>    'profile.php?action=change_$1&id=$3&key=$4',
    '/^search[\/_-]?(new|recent|unanswered|subscriptions)(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                                                    =>    'search.php?action=show_$1',
    '/^search[\/_-]?(new|recent|unanswered|subscriptions)[\/_-]p(age)?[\/_-]?([0-9]+)(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                        =>    'search.php?action=show_$1&p=$3',
    '/^search[\/_-]?([0-9]+)(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                                                                                =>    'search.php?search_id=$1',
    '/^search[\/_-]?([0-9]+)[\/_-]?p(age)?[\/_-]?([0-9]+)(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                                                    =>    'search.php?search_id=$1&p=$3',
    '/^search[\/_-]?(posts|topics)[\/_-]?user[\/_-]?([0-9]+)(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                                                =>    'search.php?action=show_user_$1&user_id=$2',
    '/^search[\/_-]?(posts|topics)[\/_-]?user[\/_-]?([0-9]+)[\/_-]?p(age)?[\/_-]?([0-9]+)(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                    =>    'search.php?action=show_user_$1&user_id=$2&p=$4',
    '/^search\/k(.*)\/([0-9-]+)\/a(.*)\/(message|subject|all)\/([0-9]+)\/(ASC|DESC)\/(posts|topics)\/?$/i'                    =>    'search.php?action=search&keywords=$1&author=$3&forum=$2&search_in=$4&sort_by=$5&sort_dir=$6&show_as=$7',
    '/^search\/k(.*)\/([0-9-]+)\/a(.*)\/(message|subject|all)\/([0-9]+)\/(ASC|DESC)\/(posts|topics)\/page\/([0-9]+)\/?$/i'    =>    'search.php?action=search&keywords=$1&author=$3&forum=$2&search_in=$4&sort_by=$5&sort_dir=$6&show_as=$7&p=$8',
    '/^search-k(.*)-([0-9-]+)-a(.*)-(message|subject|all)-([0-9]+)-(ASC|DESC)-(posts|topics).msf?$/i'                        =>    'search.php?action=search&keywords=$1&author=$3&forum=$2&search_in=$4&sort_by=$5&sort_dir=$6&show_as=$7',
    '/^search-k(.*)-(message|subject|all)-a(.*)-([0-9]+)-(ASC|DESC)-([0-9-]+)-(posts|topics)-p([0-9]+).msf?$/i'            =>    'search.php?action=search&keywords=$1&author=$3&forum=$6&search_in=$2&sort_by=$4&sort_dir=$5&show_as=$7&p=$8',
    '/^users(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                                                                                                =>    'userlist.php',
    '/^users\/(.*)\/([0-9-]+)\/?([a-z_]+)[\/_-]([a-zA-Z]+)[\/_-]p(age)?[\/_-]?([0-9]+)(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                        =>    'userlist.php?username=$1&show_group=$2&sort_by=$3&sort_dir=$4&p=$6',
    '/^(email|report|subscribe|unsubscribe)[\/_-]?([0-9]+)(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                                                    =>    'misc.php?$1=$2',
    '/^(mark|rules)[\/_-]?(read)?(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                                                                            =>    'misc.php?action=$1$2',
    '/^mark[\/_-](forum)[\/_-]?([0-9]+)[\/_-](read)(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                                                        =>    'misc.php?action=markforumread&fid=$2',
    '/^help[\/_-]([a-z]+)(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                                                                                    =>    'help.php?section=$1',
    '/^moderate[\/_-]?([0-9]+)(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                                                                                =>    'moderate.php?fid=$1',
    '/^move_topics[\/_-]?([0-9]+)[\/_-]([0-9]+)(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                                                            =>    'moderate.php?fid=$1&move_topics=$2',
    '/^(open|close|stick|unstick)[\/_-]?([0-9]+)[\/_-]([0-9]+)[\/_-]([a-z0-9]+)(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                            =>    'moderate.php?fid=$2&$1=$3&csrf_token=$4',
    '/^moderate[\/_-]?([0-9]+)[\/_-]?p(age)?[\/_-]?([0-9]+)(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                                                =>    'moderate.php?fid=$1&p=$3',
    '/^moderate[\/_-]?([0-9]+)[\/_-]([0-9]+)(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                                                                =>    'moderate.php?fid=$1&tid=$2',
    '/^moderate[\/_-]?([0-9]+)[\/_-]([0-9]+)[\/_-]?p(age)?[\/_-]?([0-9]+)(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                                    =>    'moderate.php?fid=$1&tid=$2&p=$4',
    '/^get_host[\/_-]?([0-9]+|[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3}\.[0-9]{1,3})(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                                =>    'moderate.php?get_host=$1',
    '/^admin(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                                                                                                =>    'admin/index.php',
    '/^admin[\/_-]([a-z]+)(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                                                                                    =>    'admin/$1.php',
    '/^admin[\/_-]?(options|extensions)[\/_-]([a-z]+)(\.msf?|\/)?$/i'                                                        =>    'admin/$1.php?section=$2'
);

Now when i goto the forum all the links are .html, but if i click on the links it comes up with bad request. BUT if i navigate to: http://www.yoursite.com/punbb/forum1.msf it works.
How to i get all the page links to goto a .msf extension?

You should not edt that file, you can edit the files in the folder url to what you want the link to look like.

Like.... Every single PunBB file with .html links? Oh and why shouldn't i edit that file?