Topic: not really a bug

Not really a bug, more a design thing, i supose:
When you have only one category, punBB will show the category title anyway - and there seems to be no way to make that table row go away (without editing the code).  If you have only one category, it might be better not to show a category title, which would be redundant to the forum name, don't you think?
but it's a minor thing...

Re: not really a bug

Hmm, I'll have a look at it.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

thanks, i'll be waiting!

I'm not sure about you guys, but I am unable to replicate this. Empty categories aren't displayed at all apart from in admin_categories and admin_forums.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I don't think the problem is that it's empty, more that he/she want to remove the category-name from the drop-down-list (hence the line: "Not really a bug, more a design thing")

From what dropdown?

NOW I get it. I'll see if there's an easy way of doing that.

Hmm, I thought this was about index.php displaying category name for the forums.

Smartys wrote:

Hmm, I thought this was about index.php displaying category name for the forums.

It was. But I was also thinking at the dropdown-list in viewtopic (the idea applies there too).

There's no pretty way of doing it. At least, I can't think of one right now. We'll see.

Please don't lose any sleep over this, it was more of a suggestion to be looked at for PunBB1.2 ...