Topic: Bad HTTP_REFERER. <- Localhost? <- SMF Converted?

Hey all iv done some research on this but i cant find jack =[
This is the error (as admin) to change any settings whatsoever,and yes the o_base_url is bang on =p
Im running everything useing XAMPp on a high end vista machine, so its localhost =]
Never had any trouble with anything like this before reguarding forums anyways, so i dont understand im totally new to Punbb converting from SMF, which was successfull minus the password problem!

i like the speed of punbb, its just can i get it to work? haha

Bad HTTP_REFERER. If you have moved these forums from one location to another or switched domains, you need to update the Base URL manually in the database (look for o_base_url in the config table) and then clear the cache by deleting all .php files in the /cache directory.

little help please =]

Re: Bad HTTP_REFERER. <- Localhost? <- SMF Converted?

What is the setting for o_base_url? Have you installed the forum in a subdir of the webserver root dir?

3 (edited by Slavok 2008-06-27 07:39)

• Try to execute next SQL:
    UPDATE config SET conf_value = '<url to your forum>' WHERE conf_name = 'o_base_url';
    Alter config to <DB_REFIX>_config if necessary.

• And delete all .php files in the <FORUM_ROOT>/cache directory.

ok i did that Slavok, although the URL to my forum was correct
(http://localhost/projects/antichav2/forum)

And still no difference, same problem =[

You must make sure you have done that correctly, double check you have done it, and then refresh the page and try agen.

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

If that is definitely correct then something must be stripping the HTTP_REFERER from your request. Usually something such as Norton.

OMG, i found out the problem, but i cant figure out how to fix it?
Its Firefox 3 not submitting headers?
I tryed to do a "validate xhtml" from refer hyperlink and got;

You have requested we check the referring page, but your browser did not send the HTTP "Referer" header field. This can be for several reasons, but most commonly it is because your browser does not know about this header, has been configured not to send one, or is behind a proxy or firewall that strips it out of the request before it reaches us.

This is not an error in the referring page!

Please use the form interface on the Validator Home Page to check the page by URL. 

Tryed editing settings in opera and it all worked!!!

OK, so does any body know how to fix this in firefox 3?

Its ok i found it out, By default, if you have installed the "web developer" addon to FF, it automatically disables refers!?? how stupid, and iv been using it for like at leat a year haha and didnt realize =[

GodsDead wrote:

Its ok i found it out, By default, if you have installed the "web developer" addon to FF, it automatically disables refers!?? how stupid, and iv been using it for like at leat a year haha and didnt realize =[

I have web developer addon installed and it hasn't disabled referers for me? Are you sure it isn't a different addon?

Yea! web developer, i just copy/pasted the error code from w3 checker into google and it came up with a forum mentioning the addon having that set as default under (disable -> disable refers)

Windows only though? for some reason? what OS you use?

Windows. Maybe it's an old version that disables it by default :s Mine has the option, but it wasn't checked by default.

Hello.

Did you check the setting for o_base_url?